编辑: 旋风 2019-07-06
CONTENTS Countable and Uncountable Nouns Much, Many and A Lot When Talking About Time, Plans and Commitments When Talking About Money Center Address 可数和不可数名词 很多 当谈及时间、计划和付出时 当说到钱时 华尔街英语中心地址 From planning your grocery shopping to complaining about your workload to a colleague, you have to discuss quantities on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, English nouns (words which refer to people, things or places) fall into two separate categories: those which can be counted and those which cannot. You have probably wondered at some point whether you should ask '

How much…?'

or '

How many…?'

. Or perhaps you have hesitated mid-sentence, racking your brain over whether you should say a few or a little . We will clear up all these issues for you through entertaining and relatable contexts. 不论是制定买菜的计划还是向同事抱怨 自己的工作强度,你每天都会提及到数 量.不巧的是,英语中的名词(指代 人、物或地点的词)分为两大类:可以 进行计数的,和不可以计数的.你可能 曾经疑惑过是该问 How much…? 还是 How many…? .或者,你可 能在一句话的中间停顿下来绞尽脑汁, 应该说 a few 还是 a little .在 这儿我们将会通过轻松有趣且有关联的 场景来为你解决这些问题. As we have just discussed, a noun can be either countable or uncountable. 正如我们刚刚探讨过的,名词既有可数 的也有不可数的. Countable Nouns 可数名词 You may have picked up so far that when you are referring to two or more of a countable noun, you normally add an s to the end. Take a look at a couple of examples below. 你应该早已知道描某一名词的数量时, 如果是2个或多个的情况,一般要在词尾 加 s .参考下面的几个例子. ? Cup (singular): Can I have two cups of coffee please? C u p ( 单数): 请问能给我两杯(cups)咖啡吗? Countable and Uncountable Nouns 可数和不可数名词 ? Dollar (singular): I only have five dollars in my wallet. Dollar(单数): 我钱包里只有5美元(dollars)了 There are quite a few exceptions to this, however. We have a couple of common examples below. 然而还有很多例外的情况.下面是一些 常见的例子. ? Person (singular): A lot of people came to the party. Person(单数): 很多人(people) 去参加了宴会. ? Man (singular): A lot of British men are into football. Man(单数): 很多英国男性(men) 喜欢足球. ? Woman (singular): Most of my colleagues are women. Woman(单数): 我的同事大多是 女的(women). 很多抽象的、不具实体的名词一般都是 不可数的,包括知识、时间和建议.不 要在这些名词词尾加 s ,或在之前加 a 或 an . Take a look at the sentences below for the incorrect and the correct ways to use these nouns. 看看下面这些例句,并理解句子中这类 名词的错误和正确的用法. The grasses in your garden look lovely. (WRONG) 你家花园里的草们很好看.(错) The grass in your garden looks lovely. (CORRECT) 你家花园里的草很好看.(对) Do you want a water? (WRONG) 你想要'

一水'

吗?(错) Do you want some water? (CORRECT) 你想要一些水吗?(对) Uncountable Nouns: 不可数的名词 ? Liquids and gasses, such as water, coffee, wine, oil, or air. 液体和气体,比如水、咖啡、红酒、 油,或空气. ? Anything which tends to be very small - and if measured, would only be done so in terms of weight - is also uncountable, such as salt, pepper, flour, sugar, or grass. 任何十分微小的东西――如果进行测 量,也只能用重量作为单位 C 也是不 可数的,比如盐、胡椒粉、面粉、砂糖 或草. ? Nouns which refer to broad categories, such as furniture, food, fruit, meat, and fish are often also uncountable. 涉及种类十分宽泛的名词,比如家具、 食物、水果、肉类和鱼类就经常作为不 可数名词使用. ? A lot of abstract, non-physical nouns tend to be uncountable, including knowledge, honesty, and advice. You should never add an s to these nouns or precede them by a or an . When you want to talk about large quantities, you should use much with uncountable nouns and many with countable ones. You can also use a lot of with both countable and uncountable words. 当你想讨论很大的数量时,应该用 much 加不可数名词或 many 加可数名词.也可以用 a lot of 来修 饰可数和不可数名词两者. ? I don'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题