编辑: 雨林姑娘 2019-07-06

s your fault! the man cried. No, it'

s your fault! she answered. What could they do? The pancake still stuck to the husband'

s nose. Oh! the wife cried, I wish none of this had ever happened! Immediately the pancake was gone and the man was saying, I'

m still hungry. How I wish I had some pancakes! But, of course, nothing happened. Reading Comprehension Answer the following questions according to the text. 1. What did the man enjoy doing? 2. Was the wife satis?ed (满意) with the ?rst wish? Why / Why not? 3. Who made the second wish? What was it? 4. What was the third wish? 5. What is the moral lesson for us to learn from the text? New Words coffee /9k?fI/ n. 咖啡 Text Text Unit One

5 crowded /9kraUdId/ a. having (too) many people 拥挤的 bet /bet/ vt. to risk (money) on a race or some other event 打赌 expect /Ik9spekt/ vt. to think or believe that something will happen 期望;

预期 shark /SA:k/ n. 鲨鱼 fancy /9f{nsI/ vt. to have a wish for 喜欢 square /skwe@(r)/ n. four-sided open area;

having four equal sides and four right angles 广场;

正方形 jolly /9dZ?lI/ ad. cheerfully;

very 愉快地;

非常地 wish /wIS/ n. desire or longing 愿望;

欲望;

希望 clothes /kl@UDz/ n. 衣服;

被褥 pancake /9p{nkeIk/ n. 薄煎饼 hungry /9h??grI/ a. wanting to eat sth. 饥饿的 appear /@9pI@(r)/ v. to come into view;

to seem 出现;

显露;

好像 plate /pleIt/ n. 盘子 fool /fu:l/ n. person who acts unwisely;

idiot 笨人, 傻瓜(foolish a.) nose /n@Uz/ n. 鼻子 immediately /I9mi:dI@tlI/ ad. at once without delay 即刻;

马上 stick /stIk/ vt. to (cause sth. to ) become ?xed or joined 粘blame /bleIm/ vt. to consider or say that sb. is responsible for sth. done (badly or wrongly) or not done 责备 fault /fO:lt/ n. mistake 过错;

缺点 Phrases and Expressions jolly good very good 十分好 look forward to to anticipate sth. with pleasure 期望,盼望 later on at a later time or stage 后来 keep doing to continue doing 坚持做 hope for to desire or expect sth. 希望 wish for to have or express a desire for 希望 Notes

1 Would you like a coffee? 来杯咖啡好吗 ? a coffee = a cup / glass of coffee e.g. two beers three teas four wines 零起点

6 大学英语基础教程

3 2 Do you fancy seeing that? 你想要 ( 喜欢 )…… 有些动词后直接跟动名词: imagine, admit, enjoy, avoid... e.g. I don'

t fancy walking in the rain.

3 Why not = Why don'

t you...? 为什么不……?

4 look forward to: (to 是介词 ) 希望 e.g. Mr. and Mrs. White looked forward to visiting the Great Wall. This young girl looked forward to becoming a ?lm star.

5 They kept hoping for new clothes... 他们一直希望能穿新衣服…… keep doing sth.: 一直做某事;

老是做某事 e.g. Why do they keep laughing all the time? The young soldier kept dreaming of home. You should not keep thinking about it.

6 ... she would let them have three wishes. ……她让他们许三个愿. let sb. do sth. 后接不带 to 的不定式,此类动词有:feel, see, watch, hear, make 等. e.g. Please let me help you. If anything happens, please let me know. I saw her go out. She has to make her student learn.

7 I wish I had a pancake! 我想要个大薄煎饼 ! e.g. I wish I were a bird! (I am not a bird.) I wish it were sunny. (It is not sunny.)

8 You could have wished for a house full of... 你本来能够许愿得到一所有许多……的 房子 can (could) + have done 这种形式表示 本来能够……但没做 , 类似的情态动词还有 : should / may / might / must + have +过去分词. e.g. You should have ?nished your homework. (But you didn'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题