编辑: wtshxd 2019-07-04

2012 C Hart Research/GS Strategy for AARP

9 50+ Voters'

Financial Worries Prices rising faster than my income Having to pay too much in taxes Not having financial security in retirement Having health expenses I cannot afford Not being able to retire when I want for financial reasons Having to take care of aging parent/relative Not being able to afford education for self/children Not being able to keep up with mortgage/rent Not being able to get full- time job with benefits Having more credit card debt than I can handle Voters age 50/over who say they worry very/somewhat often about each What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

10 Anxiety Index ? For each one of the top five economic concerns about which voters say they are worried, they are assigned

20 points. A minimum score of

0 reflects no economic anxiety, while a maximum score of

100 indicates a great deal of economic anxiety. ? The five components of the Anxiety Index are: ? I am worried about… ? Prices rising faster than my income ? Not having enough financial security in retirement ? Having to pay too much in taxes ? Not being able to retire when I want for financial reasons ? Having health expenses I cannot afford What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

11 Components Of The Anxiety Index Prices rising faster than my income Not having financial security in retirement Having to pay too much in taxes Not being able to retire when I want for financial reasons Having health expenses I cannot afford Worry very/somewhat often about this: Boomers Retirees 32% of Boomers are worried about not being able to find a full-time job with benefits. What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

12 Boomers Have Highest Rating On Anxiety Index Voters age

18 to

49 Retirees Boomers Mean Anxiety Index Score What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

13 Two-Thirds Of Boomers Expect To Delay Retirement Do you think you will end up delaying your retirement to save more money in order to be able to live comfortably in retirement? Will probably have to delay retirement Will not Boomers 66% of voters age

18 to

49 expect to have to delay retirement. 72% 23% What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

14 Only Half Of Boomers Believe They Will Ever Be Able To Retire How confident are you that you will be able to retire at some point? 48% 50% Confident Just somewhat/ not confident Very confident 25% Not at all 28% 55% 43% Confident Just somewhat/ not confident Very confident 31% Not at all 16% Boomers Voters age

18 to

49 What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

15 Boomers Voice Little Confidence They Will Have Secure Retirement How confident are you that you will have enough money to live comfortably throughout your retirement years? 34% 65% Confident Very confident 13% Not at all 37% 48% 51% Confident Very confident 22% Not at all 16% Boomers Retirees Just somewhat/ not confident Just somewhat/ not confident What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

16 Dissatisfaction With Retirement Savings How satisfied are you with the amount of money you are saving or have saved for retirement? 57% 36% 39% 59% Satisfied Dissatisfied Satisfied Dissatisfied Very 11% Very dissatisfied 35% Boomers Retirees Very satisfied 21% Very dissatisfied 21% What the Economy Means to Voters 50+ C July

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题