编辑: liubingb 2019-07-09

30 if you multiply

6 and 5. Your effort will multiply your chance of success. 15. call A B 叫...A 是B The boy called Jim is a kind boy. I lived in what you called Greece. 16. for the first time 第一次,为介词短语,一般做时间状语. The first time为连词,连接句子 It is /was the first time that sb. have/had done sth. 例如: Today, I climbed on the Qianfo Mount for the first time. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it. It is the first time that I have visited the city. lay eggs 下蛋 lie C lied---lied 撒谎 lie―lay―lain 躺,位于 lay―laid―laid 放置,下蛋 He laid the books on the shelf.他把书放在书架上了. The hen lays an egg a day. 这只母鸡每天下一个蛋. He lied to his mother. 他对母亲撒谎了. 18. exist 不及物动词,不用于被动语态,不用于进行时态. 名词:existence/ come into existence =come into being 形成,产生 例如: There exist warm-hearted people everywhere. We can't exist without water. No one knows when the earth came into existence. 19. remain vi&link-v 保持,维持,仍然,剩余 the remaining money 剩下的蛋糕 I am sorry. My work remains unfinished. After many years, he remains single./ he remains a teacher. The problem remains to be solved. It remains to be see whether we can finish it in time. 20. spread 伸展;

延伸;

(消息,火)等蔓延,传播 The news spread through the school quickly. The mother spread a cloth on the table. The fire spread quickly, but all the people were able to escape. 21. thus adv相当于therefore 因此 The universities have expanded, thus allowing more students to get a higher education. He forgot to turn on the radio and thus missed the news. He knocked out Tom, thus becoming the champion. 22. in one's turn 轮到…./ by turns 轮流/ in turn ① 依次,轮流 ②反之,从而/ in return (for)作为回报 例如: Today, I am in my turn on duty to clean the room. The two brothers looked after their sick mother by turns. I gave him some money in return for his help.= He helped me. In return, I gave him some money. 高考再现: A clean environment can help the city bid for the Olympics, which will promote its economic development. A .in nature B.in return C.in turn D.in fact 23. prevent/keep/stop …from…. 阻止.注意keep后的from不能省,省掉意思就是使…一直干…. Shelter/protect… from…保护…免受…. The heavy snow prevented all of us (from) arriving at school on time. The sunglasses can shelter us from the sunlight. 24. depend on 依靠,依赖;

取决于 When we are old, we have to depend on our children to earn money. Whether you will stay or not depends on you. It/that depends.看情况吧. 高考再现: ----How often do you eat out? but usually once a week. A. I have no idea. B. it depends. C. as usual D. Generally speaking 25. the year to come= the coming year 在将要到来的一年.To come做后置定语】 26. block out 挡住(光线和声音等);

忘记,抹掉 The tall building blocked out the sunlight. She wanted to block out the unhappy experience. 27. visit n&v visit sp. Pay a visit to sp. We are going to pay a visit to/visit the USA in the holiday. 28. explain sth. to sb.= explain to sb. sth. --explanation(n) You had better explain to your mother the thing. 29. lessen The pain is lessening after taking the medicine. The government takes measures to lessen the impact of the earthquake. 30. get/be close(adj.) to 靠近 close adv. 具体的近 stand/sit close(adv.) to closely 抽象的 仔细地,严谨地 密切地 The child examined the animal closely. 31. as…as结构中,若中间为第三人称单数名词需要这样:as+adj.+a/an+n+as He is as kind a boy as you .= He is a boy as kind as you. 31. 倍数表达法: A + 动词+倍数+as… as…… A + 动词+倍数+ more than…. A + 动词+倍数+the +n+of 例如: The hall is three times as large as our classroom. = The hall is three times larger than the classroom. = The hall is twice the size of our classroom. 32. now that 既然,和since相当,有时候that会省略. Now that everyone is here, let's begin our class. Now that you have got such a chance, you might as well (不妨,最好)make good use of it. 33. break out (战争,疾病,灾难)的爆发,无被动语态 when did the first world war break out? break up 分手,解散,粉碎,假期放假,成为碎片 break out 出故障,抛锚;

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题