编辑: 5天午托 2018-09-19

s about the sport. I want to be on the squad at the high school level because they win scholarships at state competitions, and I have a better

20 if I'

m on the squad here, she explained.

21 ,'

'

she added, it'

s not like I'

m leaving the country or something. '

'

Goodbye, I

22 off, leaving Julie standing with a sad look on her face. The rest of the week I was unhappy, and I

23 Julie in the hall. I planned to

24 the first game and ignore Julie. Instead, I was

25 by the enthusiasm and skill of Julie'

s cheering. Although she was the youngest member of the team, Julie

26 led cheer after cheer. I saw how her face lit up with

27 . I was shocked as I

28 that she loved the sport. Trying out for the team had

29 to do with me ―maybe it was just something she wanted to do. I

30 her shyly, but Julie smiled immediately. Hey, you were really

31 I began, then added quickly, I'

m so sorry I'

ve been

32 to you about your joining the squad. '

'

Julie

33 and replied, A group of us are going for ice cream―why don'

t you come along? Julie'

s quick

34 made my eyes burn, but I smiled in return. As I walked toward the cheerleaders, I realized there was

35 in Julie'

s life for all of us. We could save the competition for the game. 16. A. efforts B. plans C. achievements D. complaints 17. A. up B. back C. on D. off 18. A. believe B. understand C. stand D. share 19. A. fear B.anger C. worry D. guilt 20. A. result B. position C. condition D. chance 21. A. However B. Besides C. Therefore D. Otherwise 22. A. marched B.turned C.dropped D. put 23. A. guided B. followed C. avoided D.supported 24. A. miss B.join C. watch D. win 25. A. amazed B. amused C. moved D. delighted 26. A. patiently B.repeatedly C. nervously D. enthusiastically 27. A. surprise B. joy C. relief D. pain 28. A. realized B. accepted C. remembered D. doubted 29. A. something B. everything C. nothing D. anything 30. A. accepted B. left C. approached D. persuaded 31. A. responsible B. devoted C. proud D. great 32. A. rude B. tolerant C.stubborn D. generous 33. A. smiled B. sighed C. cried D. nodded 34. A. permission B. apology C. attention D. forgiveness 35. A. time B. room C. help D. hope 第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,40分)

第一节(共15小题;

每小题2分,共30分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑. A At my daughter'

s presentation ceremony the other day, the school principal reminded the kids of that truth: they could have multiple careers in their lifetimes. As I lay in bed that evening, I thought about another truth. It'

s not just different careers that await each child. It'

s a set of completely different lives. I thought about my own life. Five years ago I was in an unhappy marriage;

living in a house that I felt wasn'

t mine. I felt anxious most of the time and not in control of my own future. Now, I live in my own beautiful apartment. My family life is peaceful, filled with laughter and the purrs of our three-year-old cat. I date and have a bunch of new friends―people who didn'

t even know me back when I was married. My life is barely recognizable. I created a whole new reality. I have always kno........

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题