编辑: ok2015 2018-04-28

125 0F even in the shade of a cactus(仙人掌)a soul to talk to . The wind blew non-stop ,and all the food I ate ,and the evry air I breathed,were_with sand , sand , sand !??? I was so sorry for myself that I wrote to my parents. I told them I was and coming back home.I said I couldn'

t stand it one minute longer. I_be in prison! My father answered my_with just two lines-two lines that will always sing in my_two lines that completely changed my life : Two men looked out from prison bars One saw the mud ,the other saw the stars I read those two lines_I was ashamed of myself. I made up my mind I would find out what was good in my present I would look for the stars I made friends with the natives,and their_amazed me. They gave me presents of their favorite artworks which they had_to sell to toueists . I studied the delightful forms of the cactus .I watched for the desert sunsets,and_for seashells that had been left there millions of years ago when the desert had been an ocean________ What brought about this____bd_blank____?change in me ? The desert hadn'

t changed had .I had changed my_And by doing so ,I changed an unhappy experience into the most amazing_of my life . I was excited by this new world that I had dicovered I had looked out of my self-creatded prison and_the stars 21. A. off B. behind C. near D. beyond 22. A. before B. already C. then D. still 23. A. inflexible B. incomprehensible C. uncontrollable D. unbearable 24. A. Only B. Not C. Many D. Such 25. A. covered B. filled C. buried D. charhed 26. A. catching up B. keeping up C. giving up D. getting up 27. A. ought to B. might well C. would rather D. had better 28. A. request B. call C. question D. letter 29. A. comparison B. imagination C. consideration D. memory 30. A. over and over B. by and by C. up and down D. now and then 31. A. company B. occupation C. situation D. relationship 32. A. movement B. reaction C. guidance D. purpose 33. A. refused B. failed C. managed D. happened 34. A. asked B. hunted C. waited D. headed 35. A. floor B. surface C. rock D. level 36. A. shocking B. challenging C. puzzling D. astonishing 37. A. as B. but C. for D. or 38. A. attitude B. principle C. identity D. standard 39. A. vacation B. operation C. affair D. adventure 40. A. sought B. counted C. found D. reached 简答题(综合题) (本大题共5小题,每小题____分,共____分.) 第二部分:阅读理解(

第一节20小题,

第二节5小题;

每小题2分,满分50分)

第一节:阅读下列材料,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑. Did you hear what happened to Adam Last Friday? Lindsey whipers to Tori. With her eyes shining,tori brags, You bet I did,Sean told me two days ago. Who are Lindsey and Tori talking about?It just happened to be yours truly,Adam Freedmam,I can tell you that what that what they are saying is (a) not nice and (b) not even true.Still,Lindsey and Tori aren'

t very different from most students here at Linton Higt School,including me.Many of our conversations are gossip(闲话).I have noticed three effects of gossip:it can hurt people,it can give gossipers a strange kind of satisfaction,and it can cause social pressures in a group. ??An important negative effect of gossip is that it can hurt the person being talked about.Usually,gossip spreads information about a topic-breakups,trouble at home,even dropping out-that a person would rather keep secret.The more embarrassing or shameful the secret is,the juicier the gossip it makes.Probably the worst type of gossip is the absolute lie.People ofen think of gossipers as harmless,but cruel lies can cause pain. If we know that gossip can be harmful,then why do so many of us do it?Tht answer lies in another effect of gossip:the satisfaction it gives us.Sharing the latest rumor(传言)can make a person feel important because he or she knows something that others don'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题