编辑: 施信荣 2019-07-18

t know the __36_of selling papers. You must shout, Hot news! Bomb bursting! another newsboy Chad told Jason. _37__it'

s not in the paper at all, replied Jason. Just run away quickly__38__they have time to see, and you'

ll __39_ out and get your money, Chad said. It was a new _40__to Jason. He thought of his bird with no__41_and the cake he wanted to buy for his mother, but was__42_that he would not tell a lie. Though he was _43__ a poor newsboy, he had been_44__ some good things. The next afternoon Jason went to the office for his papers_45__. Several boys were crowding around Chad, who declared with a__46_smile that he sold six dozen the day before. He added that Jason__47_money because he would not tell a lie. The boy _48__at Jason. You wouldn'

t tell a lie yesterday, my boy? A gentleman at the office came up and patted Jason'

s shoulder__49_. You'

re just the boy I am looking for. A week later Jason started his new__50_. He lost sale of twenty papers because he would not tell a lie, but got a well-paid job because he told the truth. 31.A.shops B.coins C.people D.papers 32.A.open B.heavy C.pure D.weak 33.A.instead of B.in return for C.regardless of D.in exchange for 34.A.cup B.card C.comb D.cake 35.A.gave in B.broke down C.got away D.showed up 36.A.difficulty B.process C.goal D.secret 37.A.And B.But C.For D.So 38.A.before B.since C.though D.unless 39.A.call B.drop C.sell D.reach 40.A.edition B.idea C.policy D.task 41.A.bread B.insects C.seeds D.water 42.A.concerned B.amazed C.excited D.determined 43.A.still B.already C.just D.also 44.A.taught B.handed C.awarded D.allowed 45.A.at once B.by chance C.as usual D.on purpose 北京中高考网 专注北京中考、高考门户网站 北京中高考网热线:010-57515980 46.A.proud B.gentle C.warm D.polite 47.A.borrowed B.lost C.made D.saved 48.A.laughed B.shouted C.nodded D.started 49.A.bravely B.grateful C.fondly D.modestly 50.A.duty B.business C.job D.method 第三部分:阅读理解(共20 小题;

每小题

2 分,满分

40 分) 阅读下列短文,从每篇短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和D)中,选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑. A I see you'

ve got a bit of water on your coat, said the man at the petrol station. Is it raining out there? No, it'

s pretty nice, I replied, checking my sleeve. Oh, right. A pony(马驹) bit me earlier. As it happened, the bite was virtually painless: more the kind of small bite you might get from a naughty child. The pony responsible was queuing up for some ice cream in the car park near Haytor, and perhaps thought I'

d jumped in ahead of him. The reason why the ponies here are naughty is that Haytor is a tourist-heavy area and tourists are constantly feeding the ponies foods, despite sighs asking them not to. By feeding the ponies, tourists increase the risk of them getting hit by a car, and make them harder to gather during the area'

s annual pony drift(迁移). The purpose of a pony drift is to gather them up so their health can be checked, the baby ones can be stooped from feeding on their mother'

s milk, and those who'

ve gone beyond their limited area can be returned to their correct area. Some of them are also later sold, in order to limit the number of ponies according to the rules set by Natural England. Three weeks ago, I witnessed a small near-disaster a few mils west of here. While walking, I noticed a pony roll over on his back. Hello! I said to him, assuming he was just rolling for fun, but he was very still and, as I got closer, I saw him kicking his legs in the air and breathing heavily. I began to properly worry about him. Fortunately, I managed to get in touch with a Dartmoor'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题