编辑: AA003 2019-12-25
试卷;

代:号~l062 国家开放大学(中央广播电视大学 )2016 年秋季学期"开放本科"期末考试 文学英语赏析试题

2017 年1月注意事项

一、将你的学亏、姓名及分校(工作站)名称填写在答题纸的规定栏 内.

考试结束后 J巴试卷和答题纸放在桌上.试卷和答题纸均不得带 声考场.监考人~文完考卷和答题纸后才可离开考场.

二、仔细读懂题目的说明,并按题目要求答题.答案一定要写在答 题纸的指定位置上,写在试卷上的答案无效.

二、用蓝、黑圆珠笔或钢笔答题,使用铅笔答题元效. lnformation for the examinees: ? This examination consists of

3 parts. They are: Part

1 : Literary Fundamentals (30 points) Part II : Reading Comprehension (50 points) Part III : Writing (20 points) ? The total marks for this examination are

100 poìnts. Time allowed for completing this examination is

90 minutes. ? There will be no extra tìme to transfer answers to the Answer Sheet;

therefore , you should write ALL your a口swers on the Answer Sheet as you do each task.

258 Part

1 Literary Fundamentals [30 points] Section 1. Match the works with their writers (10 points). Works 1. Hills li是eWhite Elephants 2. The Mayor

01 Casterbridge 3. The 1m户ortance

01 Beillg Ernest 4. An 1nspector Calls 5. The Pearl Writers A. Oscar Wilde B. John Steinbeck C. Martin Luther King D. Walt Whitman E. Walt Whitman F. JB Priestley G. Thomas Hardy H. Ernest Hemingway Section 2. Decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F) (1

0 points). 6. The play The Crucible concerns a real historical incident , involving witchcraft and an attack of mass hysteria. 7. Hamlet , The Merchα nt and Macbeth are well--known plays by William Shakespeare. 8. Lady Bracknell is a comic character created by Oscar Wilde in his play Pygmalion. 9. The Old Man and the Sea is one of Ernest Hemmingway' s best-known works. 10. "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is a protest poem against racial discrimination. Section 3. Choose the correct answers to complete the following sentences (10 points).

1 1.一一-→→ is a type of poetry that commemorates someone who has died. A. An epic C. An elegy B. A ballad D. A haiku

259 12. 一-一一_ is the repetition of initial consonant sounds in words close together in a text. A. Pun B. Allusion C. Flashback D. Alliteration 13. In his essay "Of studies" , the writer makes the point that 巳ducation shapes and refines an individual's innate abilities thus: A"… for natural abilities are like natural plants , that need pruning by study". B. "To spend too much time in studies is sloth;

to use th巳m too much for ornament , is affectation.,. ? " C. "Histories make men wise;

poets witty;

the mathematics subtile;

natural philosophy deep;

moral grave;

logic and rhetoric able to contend. " D. "Crafty men contemn studies , simple men admire them , and wise men use them... " 14. What figures of speech is used in the fol1owing lines? "Suspicions amongst thoughts are like bat amongst birds , they ever f1y by twilight." A. Irony C. Pun B. Simile D. Paral1elism 15. Al1 the fol1owing were awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature except 一一一-- A. John Steinbeck B. Robert Frost C. Harold Pinter D. Ernest Hemingway Part n Reading Comprehension [50 points] Read the extracts and choose the best answer to each question. Text

1 Elizab巳th:

1 think you m ust go to Salem , John. (He turns to her.)

1 ?:hink so. You must tell them it is a fraud. Proctor (thin是ing beyond this): Aye , it is , it is surely. Elizabeth: Let you go to Ezekiel Cheever - he knows you well. And tell him what she said to you last week in her uncle' s house. She said it had naught to do with witchcraft , did she not? Proctor (in thought): Aye , she did , sh巳did. (Nowa ?ause. ) Elizabeth (quietly , fearing to anger him by ρ roddin. ): God forbid you keep that from the court , John.

1 think they must be told.

260 Proctor Cquietly , struggling with his thoughts. ) Aye , they must , they must. It is a wonder they do believe her. Elizabeth:

1 would go to Salem now , lohn 二let you go tonight. Proctor: l' II think on it. Elizabeth Cwith her courage now. ): You cannot keep it , John. Proctor Cα ngering. ):

1 know

1 cannot keep it.

1 say

1 wilI think on it! Elizabeth Churt , αnd very coldly. ): Good , then let you think on it. CShe stαnds and starts to walk out of the room.) Proctor:

1 am only wondering how

1 may prove what she told me. If the girl' s a saint now ,

1 think it not easy to prove she' s a fraud , and the town gone so siIly. She told it to me in a room alone --

1 have no proof of it. Elizabeth: You were alone with her? Proctor Cstubbornly): For a moment alone , aye. Elizabeth: Why , then , it is not as you told me. Proctor Chis anger rising): For a moment ,

1 say. The others come in soon after. Elizabeth Cquietly ? she has suddenly lost all faith in him): Do as you wish , then. Cshe starts to turn). Proctor: Woman. CShe turns to him. ) I'II not have your suspicion any more. Elizabeth Ca little loβ ily):

1 have no 一Proctor: I' II not have it' Elizabeth: Then let you not earn it. Proctor C with a violent undertone): You doubt me yet? Elizabeth Cwith a smile , to keep her dignity): John , if it were not Abigail that you must go to hurt , would you falter now?

1 think not. Proctor: Now look you 一Elizabeth:

1 see what

1 see , John. Proctor Cwith solemn warning): You wiII not judge me more , Elizabeth.

1 have good reason to think before

1 charge fraud on Abigail , and

1 wiII think on it. Let you look to your own improvement before you go to judge your husband any more.

1 have forgot Abigail , and - Elizabeth: And I. Proctor: Spare me! You forget nothin' and forgive nothin'. Learn charity , woman.

1 have gone tiptoe in this house aII seven month since she is gone.

1 have not moved from there to there without

1 think to please you , and stiII an everlasting

261 funeral marches round your heart.

1 cannot speak but

1 am doubted , every moment judged for lies. as though

1 come lnto a court when

1 come into this house! Elizabeth: John , you are not opcn with me. You saw her with a crowd , you said. Now you - Proctor: 1'

11 plead my honesty no more , Elizabeth. Elizabeth (now she would justify herself) : Joh日.

1 am only 一Proctor: No more!

1 should have roared you down when first you told me your suspicion. But

1 wilted , and , lik巳aChristian ,

1 co口fessed. Confessed! Some dream

1 had must have mistaken you for God that day. But you're not , you're not and let you remember it! Let you look sometimes for the goodness in me , and judge me not. Elizabeth:

1 do not judge you. The magistrate sits in your heart that judges you.

1 never thought you but a good man , ]ohn --- (with a smile ) - only somewhat bewildered. Proctor (laughing bitterly): Oh, Elizabeth , your justice would freeze beer! Question~ 16-19 (12 points) 16. The extract is taken from A. The Birthday Party C. The Crucible B. An Inspector Cα lls 17. Which of the following ?s true according to the extract? A. There is competition for clients between Proctor and Elizabeth. B. Proctor is not ready to testify against Abigail. C. Abigail felt guilty because he has charged fraud on Proctor. 18. What does Proctor imply by the statement "… Elizabeth , your justice would fre巳ze beer" A "… Elizabeth , you only wore the cloak of justice to hide your extreme coldness. " B. "…Elizabeth , you become so frigid and cold after you drink beer. " C. "…Elizabeth , you should drink some cold beer before you go and seek justice. " 19. According to what Proctor says , Elizabeth is 一一一一一一一・ .

3 u

0 ・1 φ

1 ・1 6l Q U 、

3 叩Amp.ωUC P D . , 且pvds

11 已如?AF+A EO VA φ ι ' '

1 沃川ι・、rsi人CB. a strong believer of witchcraft

262 Text

2 External heat and cold had liHìe infh;

ence on ~croog队No v飞'éif 了nth (0 、 id 叫川 nγ1 号n~ 飞wintry weather chill him. No wind thal bl巳W 飞、 as hitteγ行了 thé,口he~ DO f曰;

1;

仁g 严只OVV~ '/,/(1 S r!] 飞山、 intent upon its purpos已, 日o pelting rai~l ìess open to 巳口1 !"~::a:-v. l~~~υ 〉川'叹I才lw 贯芒、ather 二心lfλ! 气少 t 1~ where to have hi 、讨1m 丑1. The heaviest rain , Hnd snow , 且引1 hai! , anc! sle盯~ ('oulrl t , .5 t C

1 lh,? advantage over him in only one fcspect. They ofteu 'r:an1e dovvn' hancìιυ1 ieJv ~ ;

1 TLJ. ~:)C;

_'.心.东口 never did. Nobody ever stopped him in the str阴t to say , wìth glad"oine lODk 飞,气'龟/j.v d,_:.ar Scrcι ,?-_t:.) how are you? When will you comé to sce m町, .'Jo begg~uos implon~d him to bestmv 挠Ldfl.: , IlC! children asked him what it was 0' clock.ηo man or wom2, fl ev盯011巳E: in é,U hi" liiρj the way to such and such a place , of 5croogc. Ev 芒n the blind m 号n"s d()g~. appξ川(丛亏(, tit1 : ,~. him;

and when they SaN him coming on , would tu 民thcirυVJHer川i':l~D dor川飞 '.''''-IY:-、 ;

.-:ηIL courts;

and then would wag their tails as though t ?1 ey s月id ~ ~ -[,10 C~yé at 乞iijish JKBA了~:,]

1 evil eyc , dark master. ' Questions 20-22 (9 points) 20. Which of the following summarizes the methüd

01 charar句ri~~~-)tj()三川叮垃口 A. Through the protagonist' s thoughts.. B. Through the words of the other队C. Through the narriltor Js exposition. 21. The sentence "No beggars implored hml t.如日 H)"'"t'、 3MUt- 呵tl }?山rtì;

lé'.Cl !口γu

2 can be paragraphed as A. No beggaτs would ilsk him Jor mon(γ B, No beggars would leave him alon巳C. No heggars would seek his company 22. Which of the foIlowing statements be:

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题