编辑: 静看花开花落 2019-07-06
25 October

2016 Frequently Asked Questions for VGM C Update

5 Dear Valued Customer, We would like to share with you an update on our latest progress regarding the implementation of VGM.

(1) Which ports shall customer submit VGM and amendment to vessel agent for export shipment (excluding barge transhipment)? Answer: Maersk Line has established easy data transfer with vessel agent in Ningbo, Tianjin and Dalian, customer is asked to submit VGM and VGM amendment to vessel agent only as per their stipulated deadline. For above

3 locations, customer can ignore chasing VGM from Maersk Line. (2) At Ningbo port, can customer make VGM amendment after customs release? Answer: Ningbo Port Group would adhere to no VGM amendment after customs release, customer is highly recommended to comply with it and any exception is subject to operation possibility. (3) There are tremendous development on MY MAERSK LINE portal to support VGM implementation, what does the portal feature protect VGM value? Answer: it'

s not allowed to submit VGM with dot or commas, it'

s not allowed for VGM with decimals on portal submission. For cargo weight with decimals, decimals are removed when VGM is auto calculated. VGM weight validation must be within between 2000kgs and

35000 kgs given the tare weight and container payload. (4) There are tremendous development on MY MAERSK LINE portal to support VGM implementation, what does the portal feature facilitate VGM calculation? Answer: Container tare weight is presented when empty container is picked up, and portal can perform the auto-calculation on basis of the tare weight and the updated/changed cargo weight. When empty container is not picked up, customer can manually input the tare weight with weight validation between 2000kgs and 5500kgs without containing dot or comma. (5) There are tremendous development on MY MAERSK LINE portal to support VGM implementation, what do the portal feature enhance VGM submission? Answer: Customer can submit VGM when provide correct or pre-assigned container number even before empty container has not picked up;

Customer can submit weighing method with or without SI, However the copy of Weighing Method to other containers and add method in the excel upload will be included into next release. (6) What can customer pay attention if submit VGM independently from S/I, e.g. submit booking/shipping instruction (S/I) via INTTRA/EDI but submit VGM via MY MAERSK LINE ? Answer: Customer is recommended to submit VGM earlier than SI since customer will not receive VGM chasing notification when S/I is accepted by Maersk Line via Inttra/EDI;

when submitting both VGM and S/I via My MAERSKk LINE , customer is highly recommended to submit S/I with VGM or VGM is submitted after S/I. (7) Can customer self-monitor VGM submission status online? Answer: Customer is highly recommended to check VGM on MY MAERSK LINE

30 minutes after submission and to approach us if not updated there. Once VGM is accepted by Maersk Line, it will be updated instantly via digital channel submission, while it takes

2 hours for error clearance if interface issue and

12 hours for manual proceeding if submission via non-digital channel (e.g. email/fax). (8) How will Maersk Line try to protect the efficiency of the global supply chain while abiding by applicable laws and regulations? Answer: Maersk Line reminds customer of VGM submission at

3 days,

2 days,

1 day prior to vessel departure if VGM is missing, and continue to remind customer at

1 day,

3 days after vessel departure to avoid offload risk at the transhipment port. To achieve higher compliance rate, shipper'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题