编辑: AA003 2014-08-08

? NO

35 T

2 REGULAR SYSTEM BOOT PROCESSING RESTORATION OF ~ SYSTEM DATA 3'

2 I NO SYSTEM DATA ~33 iS SAVED

1 CONTROL SHIFT TO ~34 THE COMPUTER SYSTEM FIG.

5 US. Patent Nov. 14,

1995 Sheet

6 of

12 5,467,469 FIG.

6 US. Patent Nov. 14,

1995 Sheet

7 of

12 5,467,469 FIG.

7 US. Patent Nov. 14,

1995 Sheet

8 of

12 5,467,469 FIGS US. Patent I DISABLE FLAG SET RESUME I

344 Nov. 14,

1995 OFF Sheet

10 0f

12 5,467,469 OTHER PROCESSING I DISPLAY INQUIRY MENU SETUP OF S43 SET RESUME ENABLE FLAG F I G. IO 5,467,469

1 COMPUTER UNIT WITH A RESUME FUNCTION This application is a continuation of application Ser. No. 07/572,246, ?led on Aug. 27, 1990, now abandoned. BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION 1. Field of the Invention The present invention relates to a computer with a resume function, and particularly to such a computer arranged capable of executing resume processing independently of whether or not the resume function is on whenever the operator performs a predetermined operation. 2. Description of the Related Art A computer which runs with power from a battery pro vided therein is known with such a computer, removal of a battery from the computer while it is running turns off the power supply, whereby data in the present working storage will undergo damage. A computer which is arranged capable of dismounting its display device is known. The computer of a such an arrange ment will have an interface circuit, etc. of the display device subjected to damage if the display device is dismounted from or mounted to a computer main body while the computer is running. A computer which requires an option board to achieve a relatively complex function is known. The memory cards which a lap top type computer, etc. employs for a functional extension is a kind of the option board. The conventional computer can not detect removal of the option board from a computer main body while the computer is operating. The result is that, even after removal of the option board, the computer proceeds with normal data processing as if the option board remains in place. Thus, with the conventional computers, option board mounting/dismounting entails damaging their hardware circuits, as well as system data or concurs with program wild running or giving rise to further problems. A computer which is equipped with the conventional resume function is known. The resume function refers to such a function capable of saving the data necessary to continue data processing in response to tuming-o?D of the main power and restart executing the program from the stopped portion. To date, however, no attempt has ever been made to resolve the aforementioned various problems, using such a resume function. SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION The present invention was realized in view of such realities touched upon above in the foregoing, aiming to provide computers, each with higher reliability than ever achieved. It is another object of the present invention to provide a computer which is assured to have its hardware and software systems protected against damage and other troubles, with resume processing forcibly done whenever the user per― forms a predetermined operation. A further object of the present invention is to provide a computer which is ensured capable of protecting both the hardware and software systems against damage and so forth by turning off the main power supply, following force execution of resume processing, whenever the user does a predetermined operation.

15 25

30 35

40 50

55 65

2 To meet the above-quoted objects, a computer unit of the present invention comprises: power switch means for indi cating the ON/OFF condition of the main power supply of the computer unit;

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题