编辑: 雨林姑娘 2019-07-17
2010年6月大学英语四级考试听力原文 11.

W: Just imagine we have to finish reading

300 pages before Monday, how can the professor expect us to do it in such a short time? M: Yeah, but what troubles me is that I can't find the book in the library or in the university bookstore. Q: what does the man mean? 12. M: Do you think I could borrow your car to go grocery shopping? The supermarkets outside the city are so much cheaper. I'd also be happy to pick up anything you need. W: Wow, I don't like to let anyone else to drive my car. Tell you what, why don't we go together? Q: What does the woman mean? 13. M: Forgive the mess in here. We had a party last night. There were a lot of people and they all brought food W: Yeah, I can tell. Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what you'll be doing most of today. Q: What does the woman think the man will do 14. W: What time would suit you for the first round talks with John Smith? M: Well, you know my schedule. Other than this Friday, one day is as good as the next. Q: What does the man mean? 15. W: I was so angry yesterday. My biology teacher did not even let me explain why I missed the field trip. He just wouldn't let me pass. M: That doesn't seem fair. I'd feel that way too if I were you. Q: What does the man imply? 16. M: I really can't stand the way David controls the conversation all the time. If he's going to be at your Christmas party, I just won't come. W: I'm sorry you feel that way. But my mother insists that he come. Q: What does the woman imply? 17. W: You're taking a course with Professor Johnson. What's your impression so far? M: Well, many students can hardly stay awake in his class without first drinking a cup of coffee. Q: What does the man imply? 18. W: Have you ever put a computer together before? M: No, never. But I think if we follow these instructions exactly, we won't have much trouble. Q: What are the speakers going to do? Long Conversations Conversation

1 W: What sort of hours do you work, Steve? M: Well I have to work very long hours, about eleven hours a day. W: What time do you start? M: I work

9 to 3, then I start again at 5:30 and work until 11, six days a week. So I have to work very unsocial hours. W: And do you have to work at the weekend? M: Oh, yes, that's our busiest time. I get Wednesdays off. W: What are the things you have to do and the things you don't have to do? M: Uh, I don't have to do the washing-up, so that's good. I have to wear white, and I have to keep everything in the kitchen totally clean. W: What's hard about the job? M: You are standing up all the time. When we are busy, people get angry and shout, but that's normal. W: How did you learn the profession? M: Well, I did a two-year course at college. In the first year we had to learn the basics, and then we had to take exams. W: Was it easy to find a job? M: I wrote to about six hotels and one of them gave me my first job, so I didn't have to wait too long. W: And what's the secret of being good at your job? M: Attention to detail. You have to love it. You have to show passion for it. W: And what are your plans for the future? M: I want to have my own place when the time is right. Q19-Q22 Q 19. What does the man say about his job? Q 20. What does the man think is the hardest part of his job? Q 21. Where did the man get his first job after graduation? Q 22. What does the man say is important to being good at his job? Conversation

2 W: Now you've seen this table of figures about the pocket money children in Britain get? M: Yes. I thought it was quite interesting, but I don't quite understand the column entitled change. Can you explain what it means? W: Well, I think it means the change from the year before. I am not a mathematician, but I assume the rise from 70p to 90p is a rise of

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题