编辑: glay 2019-07-15
试卷类型A 茂名市2017年第一次高考模拟考试 英语注意事项: 1.

本试卷分第I卷(选择题)和第II卷(非选择题)两部分.答卷前,考生务必将 自己的姓名、考生号、考场号和座位号填写在答题卡上.因测试不考听力,第I 卷从第二部分的 阅读理解 开始,试题序号从

21 开始. 2. 回答第I 卷时,选出每小题答案后,用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑. 如需改动,用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案标号.写在本试卷上无效. 3. 回答第II卷时,将答案写在答题卡上.写在本试卷上无效. 4. 考试结束后,将本试卷和答题卡一并交回. 第I卷 第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分) (共15小题;

每小题2分,满分30分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑. A Disasters almost always arrive unexpectedly. But there are apps to help people prepare for disasters. Some apps alarm users when a disaster has taken place. Other disaster apps can be used when people need rescue or other help. SirenGPS Mobile The free SirenGPS Mobile app connects users to?emergency?services. The app will let emergency workers know where the person in need is. The app works over cell networks. But it also works on Wi-Fi if cell networks are down after an emergency. Users can create a personal health report on the app to share with emergency services. This will provide information important to treatment decisions. Guardly Guardly is an app that can help keep people safer in places such as businesses and universities. This app permits workers and students to report about unsafe conditions. Reports can be made to an organization'

s own security division as well as to government emergency services. The reporter'

s location can be sent with the report so security or emergency services help can arrive more quickly. The app is free, but Guardly charges for its services. Life360 The Life360 app provides a service to keep loved ones connected. Users can set up a network of people to share their location, chat, and get a warning when they are near someone in their network. The app helps users communicate when they are in a disaster. The location share?function?can be forbidden when desired. The Life360 app is free, with some services available for a fee. Red Panic Button When a person is in a dangerous situation, the Red Panic Button app might help. This app can send a text message or email to chosen contacts providing the user'

s location. You can also add a voice or video message or photo to your text and email. Red Panic Button is free, but extra functions are available for a fee. 21. What does the SirenGPS Mobile app work on when cell networks are not available? A. Emergency services. B. Wi-Fi. C. A personal health report. D. Text messages and emails. 22. When using Guardly, people can get timely security services because A. the app is a perfect tool B. the app causes little trouble C. the report can show where the reporter is D. the report can tell how to save the reporter 23. Which app can send video messages? A. Life360. B. Guardly. C. Red Panic Button. D. SirenGPS Mobile. 24. Which of the following is TRUE about the four apps mentioned in the passage? A. All of them are available for a fee. B. All of their services are charged. C. All of their extra functions are used for free. D. All of them can tell the user'

s location. B I believe in the power of the unknown. I believe that a sense of the unknown pushes us forward in all of our creative activities, from science to art. When I was a child, after bedtime I would often go to the window and stare at the stars. I had so many questions. How far away were those tiny points of light? Did space go on forever and ever, or was there some edge? And if so, what lay beyond the edge? Another of my childhood questions: Did time go on forever? I looked at pictures of my parents and tried to imagine their parents, and so on, back through the generations. Does time go on forever? Or is there some beginning of time? When I grew up, I became a professional astrophysicist. Although I never answered any of these questions, they continued to challenge me, to haunt me, to drive me in my scientific research, and to cause me to live on tuna fish and no sleep for days at a time while I was crazy about a science problem. These same questions, and questions like them, challenge and haunt the leading scientists of today. Einstein once wrote that the most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the beginning of true art and true science. What did Einstein mean by the mysterious? I don'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题