编辑: 静看花开花落 2019-07-10
PETS二级考试模拟试题及答案解析

(三)

第二节完形填空 阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各项的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出能填入相应空白处的 最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑.

From Monday until Friday most people are busy working or studying, but in the evenings and on weekends they are free and enjoy themselves. Some watch TV or go to the movies(电影院);

others'

36'

sports. It depends on individual(个人的)'

37'

. There are many different ways to spend our'

38'

time. Almost everyone has'

39'

kind of hobby(爱好). It may be 40'

from collecting stamps to making model airplanes. Some hobbies are very'

41'

;

others don'

t'

42'

at all. Some collections are'

43'

a lot of money;

others are valuable only'

44'

their owners. I know a man who has a coin collection worth several thousand dollars. A short time ago he bought a rare(稀有的)fiftycent piece'

45'

250! He was very happy about his collection and thought the price was'

46. '

47'

, my youngest brother '

48'

match boxes. He has almost

600 of them but I doubt if they are worth any money. However,'

49'

my brother they are extremly(特别地)'

50'

.Nothing makes him'

51'

than to find a new match box for his collection.That'

s'

52'

a hobby means, I think. It is something we like to do in our spare time simply for the'

53'

of it. The value in dollars is not important, '

54'

the pleasure it gives us'

55'

. 36. [A] soon [B] attend[C] tend[D] take part in 37. [A] time[B] energy[C] interests[D] fun 38[A] spare[B] working[C] own[D] day 39[A] some[B] any[C] certain[D] every 40[A] OK[B] all right[C] anything[D] something 41[A] expensive[B] interesting[C] exciting[D] cheap 42[A] spend anything[B] cost anything[C] pay nothing[D] need something 43[A] worth[B] worthy[C] valued[D] paid 44[A] for[B] to[C] with[D] of 45[A] worth[B] spent[C] worthy[D] uscd 46[A] a little too higher[B] too expensive[C] cheap[D] reasonable 47[A] At the same time[B] On the other hand [C] On the contrary[D] As a matter of fact 48[A] collects[B] buys[C] chooses[D] selects 49[A] for[B] to[C] in[D] with 50[A] dear[B] expensive[C] valuable[D] costly 51[A] so happy[B] that happy[C] more happily[D] happier 52[A] what[B] how[C] how much[D] where 53[A] price[B] value[C] interest[D] fun 54[A] though[B] and[C] but[D] when 55[A] is[B] does[C] will[D] has 第三部分:阅读理解 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑. A In the 1900'

s, American townspeople usually washed and brushed their teeth and combed their hair in the kitchen. Or they kept a water pitcher (大水罐)and a wash basin in their rooms and took care of these things there. The bathtub was a wash tub(澡盆)filled with water from the stove. If you were small enough you could sit down by drawing your knees to your chest. Otherwise, you washed yourself standing up. Often all the women and girls in the family bathed together. Then the men and boys did. In most families this was Saturday night because Sundays they went to church. A small number of families did have running water. But that depended on whether there was a water system where they lived and on whether they could afford the plumbing(水管设施). Some people had bathtubs in their homes as early as 1895. But many others did not have their first bath in a bathtub until

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题