编辑: lonven 2019-07-09
2016年湖北高考英语模拟试题 第Ⅰ卷 第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)略? 第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节 (共15小题;

每小题2分,满分30分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项.

A Before leaving work, Steve Lee likes to use his cell phone to turn on his heat and air conditioner system at home.So by the time he gets through traffic into his front door, the temperature inside is perfect.You may wonder what a so?called smart home can do inside. Lee works for a company called Smart home.com, testing and living with many of his company'

s home automation gadgets(自动化小配件), like this multifunction touch screen that controls devices around the house and even connects to the Internet traffic cameras. I have cameras, and they follow all the way down the freeway to work, said Lee with pride, What'

s going on at home when you are away? No problem, install some wireless cameras and controllers and from any computer in the world with an Internet connection, you can watch your house. You can check on the house, and I can look at the temperature.Believe it or not, if I want to turn on lights ahead of time, I can, added Lee. We sat in Steve'

s California kitchen and with the right password,_turned on the kitchen counter lights at his boss'

house in Wisconsin.Steve did have permission to log on(登录). If you do know the password and you want to play a trick on your wife, you could turn lights on and off remotely. This new technology, which can automatically turn on water sprinklers when humidity is low, or turn off a pool pump when it is not in use, is no longer expensive.Several hundred dollars for a basic system is enough and it is not hard to install. Sure the convenience is nice but many people who like the security advantages like making sure kids are safe with the help of camera monitors and bedside alerts. I can notice that maybe one of my children wakes up in the middle of the night once the light switch is turned on. What a smart home can'

t do is get you a snack and you have to leave the couch for that. 21.What does the underlined word password in Paragraph

5 mean? A.Security code. B.Crossword. C.Passport. D.Touch screen. 22.What can be inferred from this passage? A.Steve'

s boss trusted him very much. B.Steve doesn'

t like to play jokes on his family. C.Steve could log on his boss'

home because he had been given the key. D.It'

s expensive and difficult to apply a basic smart home system. 23.According to the passage, the following is often a must for a smart home EXCEPT a_ A.cell phone B.computer C.camera D.car 24.In which section of a newspaper will this passage probably be found? A.Entertainment.B.Science &

Technology. C.Health &

Care.D.Biography. B Since the first Earth Day in 1970,Americans have gotten a lot greener toward the environment. We didn'

t know at that time that there even was an environment,let alone that there was a problem with it, says Bruce Anderson,president of Earth Day USA. But what began as nothing important in public affairs has grown into a social movement.Business people,political leaders,university professors,and especially millions of grass?roots Americans are taking part in the movement. The understanding has increased many,many times, says Gaylord Nelson,the former governor from Wisconsin,who thought up the first Earth Day. According to US government reports,emissions(排放)from cars and trucks have dropped from 10.3 million tons a year to 5.5 million tons.The number of cities producing CO beyond the standard has been reduced from

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题