编辑: 苹果的酸 2019-07-07
雅礼中学英语二模试卷 本试卷分为四个部分,包括听力、语言知识运用、阅读和书面表达.

时量120分钟.满分150分. PART ONE LISTENING COMPREHENSION (30 marks) (略) PART TWO LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE (45 marks) Section A (15 marks) Directions: For each of the following unfinished sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 21. Fortunately enough, those injured in the accident were rushed to hospital at once. A few minutes late, they _____. A. would die B. had died C. were to die D. might have died 22. Nowadays many people prefer to live in the countryside____, inconvenient as life there is, they can breathe fresh air and eat safe food. A. where B. which C. what D. when 23. The bell rang announcing the end of the exam ____ I could finish the exam paper. A. so that B. once C. unless D. before 24. What we are concerned about is _____ we can finish the task in two weeks as planned. A. what B. how C. when D. that 25. Two men are reported in the traffic accident. A. having been killed B. that they were killed C. to have been killed D. being killed 26. The President as well as two other senior officials ____ our country in two weeks. A. is visiting B. has visited C. are visiting D. would visit 27. Give the book to ______ you think likes it. A. no matter who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever

28 These china teacups ______ easily, so please mark FRAGILE--HANDLE WITH CARE on the parcel. A. break B. are broken C. will be broken D. broken 29.He was working at his computer, his sister by. A. was standing B. stood C. standing D. to stand 30.He is working as hard as he can , ______to do well in the coming exam. A. hoping B. to hope C. hope D. hopes 31.Even though _____ from work, my father will always help me with my study whenever he is at home. A. tiring B being tired C. having been tired D. tired 32. Ever since his departure three years ago, we _____ each other. A. didn'

t see B haven'

t seen C. hadn'

t seen D. weren'

t seeing 33.Much ____ he likes it, he doesn'

t intend to buy it. A. as B. while C. although D. even if 34.---Are you familiar with John Dories ? ---Yes. I made his acquaintance when I ____ on a farm several years ago. A. was working B. had worked C. would work D. have worked 35.---I know someone who can solve the problem. he have a go? This calls for an expert. A. Should B. Shall C. Will D. Must Section B (18 marks) Directions: For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Fill in each blank with the word or phrase that best fits the context. Facts are sometimes more unusual than fiction. The following case makes Agatha Christie'

s plot look like children'

s literature. The medical inspection of Ronald Opus'

s body showed that he died from a shot gun wound of the head. He had jumped from the top of a ten-storey building intending to commit suicide(自杀). As he

36 the ninth floor, a shotgun blast(枪声) through a window killed him immediately. Neither the

37 nor Opus knew that a safety net had been put up at the eighth floor level to

38 some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide anyway because of this. In the room on the ninth floor where the shotgun blast went through an elderly man and his wife were arguing and he was

39 her with the shotgun. He was so upset that when he pulled the trigger(扳机), he

40 missed his wife and the pellets(小子弹) went through the window, striking the falling Opus. The old man said it was his long-term habit to threaten his wife with the

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题