编辑: kr9梯 2017-09-08

第一章

第一节(以下简称IO),原文如下: I cannot forbear adding to these reasonings an observation, which may, perhaps, be found of some importance. In every system of morality, which I have hitherto met with, I have always remark'

d, that the author proceeds for some time in the ordinary way of reasoning, and establishes the being of a God, or makes observations concerning human affairs;

when of a sudden I am surpriz'

d to find, that instead of the usual copulation of propositions, is and is not, I meet with no proposition that is not connected with an ought, or an ought not,. This change is imperceptible;

but is, however, of the last consequence. For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relations or affirmation, '

tis necessary that it shou'

d be observe'

d and explain'

d;

and at the same time that a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, ehich are entirely different from it. But as authors do not commonly use this precaution, I shall presume to recommend it to the readers;

and am persuaded, that this small attention wou'

d subvert all the vulgar systems of morality, and let us see, that the distinction of vice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceiv'

d by reason. [对这些推理我不禁........

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题