编辑: ACcyL 2015-08-19
Section

3 Words and expressions from Unit

1 Cultural Relics survive v.

生存,生还 1. The old lady has survived all her children. 那老太太的子女都先她而去世了. 2. In the jungle, they were driven to extremes in order to survive. 在丛林中, 他们为了生存被迫采取极端行动. 3. The human race cannot survive. 人类不能继续生存. 4. Will we all survive until the year 2000? That'

s the sixty-four thousand dollar question. 我们大家是否都能活到公元2000年? 这个问题很难回答. 5. These birds are able to survive the perils of the Arctic winter. 这些鸟能够战胜北极冬天的危险. 6. If the industry doesn'

t modernize it will not survive. 该制造业若不现代化就不能继续存在. 7. You need to be tough to survive in the jungle. 要在丛林中活下来就要有坚忍不拔的意志. 8. The urge to survive drove them on. 求生的欲望驱使他们继续努力. in search of 寻找,寻求 1. Some tribes migrate with their cattle in search of fresh grass. 有些部落为了寻找新鲜的牧草而带着他们的牲畜迁移. 2. The article seems to be angled towards modern young women in search of equality. 这篇文章的观点似乎倾向寻求平等的现代年轻妇女. 3. The scientists are in search of a new element. 科学家们正在寻找一种新元素. 4. It fared worse with the family who left their hometown in search of better jobs. 那家人为寻找更好的工作离开家乡,运气却更糟. 5. He'

s sailed the seven seas in search of adventure. 他闯荡七大洋去历险. select a. 精选的 n. 被挑选出来的人或物 vi. 选择,挑选,选拔 vt. 选择,挑选 1. A select group were invited to the wedding reception. 一群经过挑选的人士被邀请参加婚宴. 2. This is a very select area;

you have to be rich to live here. 这高级住宅区,你必须有钱才能住在这里. 3. She selected a diamond ring from the collection. 她从收藏品中挑选了一枚钻石戒指. 4. Our shops select only the very best quality produce. 我们商店都是精选的质量最高的产品. design n. 设计,图样 v. 设计,计划 1. He designed us a beautiful house. 他为我们设计了一所很美的房子. 2. This dress is of the latest design. 这件衣服是最新设计. 3. The gloves were designed for extremely cold climates. 这些手套是为严寒地区制造的. 4. His evil designs were frustrated. 他的罪恶企图未能得逞. 5. The route was designed to relieve traffic congestion. 这条路是为缓解交通拥挤而开辟的. 6. We shall have to design a new curriculum for the third year. 我们得设计出三年级的新课程. 7. Do the Italians really design better than we do? 意大利人真比我们会设计吗? 8. She has designs on his money. 她觊觎他的钱财. fancy n. 想象力,幻想,喜好 a. 想象的,精美的,新奇的 1. I fancy I have met you before. 我想我以前或许见过你. 2. The painting took his fancy, so he bought it. 这幅画被他看中了,所以他就把他买了下来. 3. Fancy her saying a thing like that! 想不到他竟然说出这种话来. 4. I don'

t fancy going all that way in such bad weather. 我不喜欢在这样的坏天气里一直这么走着. 5. She rather fancies herself as a singer. 她自以为是了不起的歌手. 6. I have a fancy (ie a vague idea) that he will be late. 我感觉他要迟到. 7. That'

s a very fancy pair of shoes! 那是一双非常别致的鞋! 8. He fancies she likes him. 他以为她喜欢他. decorate v. 装饰,装修 1. We decorated the house for Christmas. 我们装饰房屋过圣诞节. 2. Several soldiers were decorated for bravery. 数名士兵因英勇而受嘉奖. 3. Bright posters decorate the streets. 鲜艳的广告招贴画点缀着街道. 4. The building was decorated with flags. 这座建筑物有旗子作装饰. 5. We'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题