编辑: 怪只怪这光太美 2013-01-02
THEY waited patiently for what seemed a very long time, stamping in the snow to keep their feet warm.

At last they heard the sound of slow shuffling footsteps approaching the door from the inside. It seemed, as the Mole remarked to the Rat, like some one walking in carpet slippers that were too large for him and down at heel;

which was intelligent of Mole, because that was exactly what it was. 他们耐着性子等,似乎等了很久很久,不住地在雪地上跺脚,好让脚暖和一点.末了,终于听到里面踢里趿拉的脚步声,缓缓由远而近,来到门边.这声音,正如鼹鼠对河鼠说的,像是有人趿着毡子拖鞋走路,鞋太大,而且破旧.鼹鼠很聪明,他说的丝毫不差,事实正是这样. There was the noise of a bolt shot back, and the door opened a few inches, enough to show a long snout and a pair of sleepy blinking eyes. 里面响起了拉门栓的声音,门开了几伎淼囊惶醴,刚够露出一只长长的嘴,一双睡意惺松并眨巴着的眼睛.'

'

Now, the VERY next time this happens,'

said a gruff and suspicious voice, '

I shall be exceedingly angry. Who is it THIS time, disturbing people on such a night? Speak up!'

哼,下回要是再碰上这事, 一个沙哑的怀疑的声音说, 我可真要生气了.这是谁呀?深更半夜,这种天气,吵醒别人的觉?说话呀! '

Oh, Badger,'

cried the Rat, '

let us in, please. It'

s me, Rat, and my friend Mole, and we'

ve lost our way in the snow.'

獾呀, 河鼠喊道, 求求你,让我们进去吧.是我呀,河鼠,还有我的朋友鼹鼠,我们两个在雪地里迷了路. '

What, Ratty, my dear little man!'

exclaimed the Badger, in quite a different voice. 怎么,鼠儿,亲爱的小伙子! 獾喊道,整个换了个声调. '

Come along in, both of you, at once. Why, you must be perished. Well I never! Lost in the snow! And in the Wild Wood, too, and at this time of night! But come in with you.'

快进来,你们俩.哎呀,你们一定是冻坏了.真糟糕!在雪地里迷了路!而且是在深更半夜的野林里!快请进来吧. The two animals tumbled over each other in their eagerness to get inside, and heard the door shut behind them with great joy and relief. 两只动物急着要挤进门去,互相绊倒了,听到背后大门关上的声音,都感到无比快慰. The Badger, who wore a long dressing-gown, and whose slippers were indeed very down at heel, carried a flat candlestick in his paw and had probably been on his way to bed when their summons sounded. He looked kindly down on them and patted both their heads. '

This is not the sort of night for small animals to be out,'

he said paternally. '

I'

m afraid you'

ve been up to some of your pranks again, Ratty. But come along;

come into the kitchen. There'

s a first-rate fire there, and supper and everything.'

獾穿着一件长长的晨衣,脚上趿的拖鞋,果然十分破旧.他爪子里擎着一个扁平的烛台,大概在他们敲门时,正要回卧室睡觉.他亲切地低头看着他们,拍拍他俩的脑袋. 这样的夜晚,不是小动物们该出门的时候, 他慈爱地说, 鼠儿,恐怕你又在玩什么鬼把戏了吧.跟我来,上厨房.那儿有一炉好火,还有晚餐,应有尽有. He shuffled on in front of them, carrying the light, and they followed him, nudging each other in an anticipating sort of way, down a long, gloomy, and, to tell the truth, decidedly shabby passage, into a sort of a central hall;

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题