编辑: QQ215851406 2019-11-09
石景山区

2019 年初三统一练习 英语试卷2019.

4 学校_姓名_准考证号_ 考生须知1. 本试卷为闭卷考试,共10 页,满分

60 分,考试时间为

90 分钟. 2. 请在试卷和答题卡上准确填写学校名称、姓名和准考证号. 3. 试题答案一律填涂或书写在答题卡上,在试卷上作答无效.答题 卡上的选择题用 2B 铅笔规范填涂,其他试题用黑色签字笔作答. 4. 考试结束后,请将试卷和答题卡一并交回. 知识运用 (共14 分)

一、单项填空(共6分,每小题 0.5 分) 从下列各题所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中,选择可以填入空白处的最佳选项. 1. Jim is a very kind boy. We all like ______. A. me B. him C. her D. you 2. I have dancing classes every Saturday. They start ______

8 o'

clock. A. at B. on C. in D. to 3. We didn'

t enjoy the day ______ the weather was so bad. A. if B. or C. but D. because 4.do you play tennis? ― Once a week. A. How soon B. How often C. How much D. How many 5. Excuse me, sir, you ______ smoke in the forest. It'

s dangerous. A. wouldn'

t B. couldn'

t C. mustn'

t D. needn'

t 6. ― Which is ______ season to visit Yuyuantan Park? ― Spring. It'

s fantastic. A. good B. better C. best D. the best 7. ― Mum, my friends and I ______ to the cinema tonight. ― Oh, lovely! I hope you enjoy the film! A. go B. will go C. went D. have gone 8. If it ______ sunny tomorrow, we will have a picnic near the river. A. will be B. be C. is D. was 9. I ______ Sarah since she moved to England. A. won'

t see B. didn'

t see C. haven'

t seen D. wasn'

t seeing 10. When the telephone rang, I ______ cookies. A. make B. made C. will make D. was making 11. Mr. Smith'

s first book ______ ten years ago. A. published B. publishes C. is published D. was published 12. ― Tom, can you tell me ______ to Lao She Tea House tomorrow? ― By subway. A. how will you go B. how did you go C. how you will go D. how you went

二、 完形填空(共8分,每小题

1 分) 阅读下面的短文,掌握其大意,然后从短文后各题所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中, 选择最佳选项. Little Boxes of Chocolates Even though thirteen years had passed, it seemed like only yesterday when Dad was handing out those little boxes of chocolates to each of his sweethearts. Valentine'

s Day was my father'

s holiday. My sisters and I learned early to be good on that day. We

13 waited a long time for Dad to get home and then quickly lined up like good little soldiers as he gave each child a small, heart-shaped box, holding some chocolates. It caused

14 reactions (反应) as we went through the periods in life. In the elementary school years, we would rush home and wait for Dad. In junior high, we felt a little embarrassed (尴尬的). In high school, we thought we were too cool to be rushing home. However, we were still comforted knowing that Dad was home waiting for us with his special

15 . My sisters and I thought the only way we would ever get out of this tradition was to move out of the house. We were

16 . Even after we all moved out of the house, when Valentine'

s Day came, there was a little box of chocolates waiting for each of us. So we still made the trip over to

17 it. When Mum passed away, we thought this whole tradition would disappear gradually. Wrong again. Grandchildren entered the picture and were also

18 in this tradition from the day they were born. One year, everything changed. In that February, Valentine'

s Day

19 on Dad'

s bowling night, so he handed out the chocolates a day early. Then, Valentine'

s Day arrived. I was watching TV when the phone rang. It was the hospital. Dad had a heart attack, and he didn'

t make it. A few years later after his death, we finally went through the hard time and began

20 again. And come February, when those little heart-shaped boxes of chocolates appear in store windows, Dad'

s tradition lives on my heart. 初三英语试卷 第3页(共10 页) 13. A. wisely B. bravely C. patiently D. proudly 14. A. amazing B. correct C. different D. terrible 15. A. dream B. treat C. support D. interest 16. A. wrong B. clever C. afraid D. happy 17. A. buy B. send C. bring D. collect 18. A. caught B. challenged C. hurt D. included 19. A. fell B. depended C. lived D. walked 20. A. regretting B. celebrating C. complaining D. sharing 阅读理解 (共36 分)

三、 阅读理解(共26 分,每小题

2 分) 阅读下面的四篇短文,根据短文内容,从短文后各题所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项 中,选择最佳选项. A Top Four Unusual Shops Senbikiya If you are looking for something perfect, come to Senbikiya in Tokyo, Japan! You buy fruit C perfect and very expensive fruit. There are apples for $25 each and

12 strawberries for $82. Yes, it'

s expensive… but it'

s popular. Beacon'

s Closet Are you looking for something old… something other people don'

t want any more? Then Beacon'

s Closet in New York, USA is the place for you. People bring clothes they don'

t want and other people buy them. These second-hand clothes are of good quality C and cheap! The Old Curiosity Shop Sometimes the building is what makes your shopping experience special;

for example, The Old Curiosity Shop in London, England. It is a tiny old shop which Charles Dickens wrote about in 1841. There are lots of big modern buildings around it. It is now a shoe shop. El Ateneo Grand Splendid From a tiny building to a huge one: the famous bookshop El Ateneo Grand Splendid in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 1919, the building opened as a theatre, but in February 2000, it became one of the biggest C and most beautiful C bookshops in the world. 21. What can you buy in Senbikiya? A. Shoes. B. Clothes. C. Books. D. Fruit. 22. Beacon'

s Closet is in ______. A. Buenos Aires B. New York C. London D. Tokyo 23. Which shop did Charles Dickens write about? A. Senbikiya. B. Beacon'

s Closet. C. The Old Curiosity Shop. D. El Ateneo Grand Splendid. B The Life of Jane Goodall On the morning of July 14, 1960, Jane Goodall arrived at Lake Tanganyika in the Gombe National Park. Then around

5 p.m., Jane went into the forest to find her first chimpanzee. As a young woman, Jane Goodall was following her childhood dream of studying chimpanzees in Africa. After many months of difficult work she made three important discoveries: chimpanzees ate meat, they used tools to get food, and they also made tools. Every evening, Jane wrote her findings in her journal. She began to publish articles in magazines. After a while, Jane was accepted by a university. Her work was also making her famous. There was a documentary (纪录片) film, Miss Goodall and the Wild Chimpanzees (1963), and then My Friends the Wild Chimpanzees (1969), the first of many books. During the 1970s, Gombe became a dangerous place to work. It is on the border of four different countries and there was fighting among them. Many foreigners left, but Jane stayed to continue her work and noted that chimpanzees could also be violent. A different problem developed in Gombe in the 1980s. The forests were getting smaller and there was no enough space for chimpanzees because of the increasing human population. As a result, there were only about a hundred chimpanzees living in Gombe by the end of the 1980s. Jane realized something had to be done, so she made a plan with the local community to grow more trees. At the beginning of the 1990s, Jane left Gombe. She set up sanctuaries (庇护所) for chimpanzees which had been caught because of the trade in chimpanzee meat. She also started giving speeches. She has very little spare time but still spends part of every year in the forest in Gombe, watching her chimpanzees. 24. What was Jane'

s childhood dream? A. To explore forests in Africa. B. To make a documentary film. C. To write books about animals. D. To study chimpanzees in Africa. 25. What did Jane do in the 1970s? A. She continued to work in Gombe. B. She went to study in a university. C. She found her first chimpanzee. D. She published her first book. 26. What plan did Jane make to help chimpanzees in1980s? A. To grow more trees. B. To do more studies. C. To stop the fighting. D. To set up sanctuaries. C It'

s no secret that laughter works wonders for us. And much research has been carried out into the good that laughter can do for our general health and well-being. It has been found to release endorphins (释放安多芬), our bodies'

natural feel-good chemicals, into our blood. But as we grow older, we are more likely to find fewer things funny. A child will laugh on average

300 times a day. By the time we reach adulthood, this number is around 20. But what'

s behind this? One theory (理论) suggests that it'

s not a problem of us losing our sense of humor but rather, as we grow older, we'

re socially conditioned to take things a bit more seriously. Laughter is very much something we do with others. Studies have shown that we are

30 times more likely to find something funny when we are with others than when we are by ourselves. But to laugh with others, we do need to feel a connection to them. We need to feel comfortable in their company. That'

s why it can be difficult to laugh in the presence of strangers. Laughter is also very contagious and one person'

s laugh can spread quickly throughout a group of people. But often what makes us join in is the fear of standing out and being different. We laugh, even if we don'

t really get the joke, especially in groups controlled by a powerful person. When the head teacher tells a joke, for example, you laugh, even though later you might wonder if the joke was really that funny at all. There are many different reasons why we laugh. Here are three widely accepted theories: The Incongruity Theory: It'

s often the unexpected that makes us laugh. When things that we are familiar with suddenly take a turn into the unknown, our expectations are challenged and that often results in laughter. The Superiority Theory: We often find the mistakes and misfortunes of others funny.This would explain the popularity of online videos showing pranks (恶作剧). The Relief Theory: Laugh offers light relief. It explains why there are so many jokes about the darker things in life. By being able to laugh at them, we are able to face them more easily. 27. According to the theory in Paragraph 1, why do we laugh less as we grow older? A. There are fewer funny things. B. We take things more seriously. C. Our body releases less endorphins. D. We gradually lose our sense of humor. 28. What can we learn from Paragraph 2? A. More funny things happen when we are with others. B. It'

s difficult to build up connections with strangers. C. We laugh sometimes because of social needs. D. Powerful people are more likely to be funny. 29. What is the passage mainly about? A. The science of laughter. B. The power of laughter. C. The sign of laughter. D. The art of laughter. D Upcycling is the process of changing old materials into something useful and often beautiful. So, is it the same as recycling? No. Recycling takes materials Cpaper or glass C and breaks them down so their base materials can be remade into a new product. When you upcycle an item (物品), you are not breakin........

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题