编辑: jingluoshutong 2019-07-16

4 -- Frequently Asked Questions What courses count as Psychology courses towards admission to the major? These include all one-credit courses that can be used to fulfill any specific requirement for the major. Any course that can only be used as an elective cannot be used in this capacity. January term and summer courses taken at Wesleyan may be used, but not courses taken at other institutions. What are the University'

s Stage I General Education Expectations? All courses in WesMaps have a stated General Education area and department designation. Completing Stage I General Education means taking

2 SBS courses,

2 NSM courses, and

2 HUM courses, with all

6 having different General Education department designations. The Psychology Department does not make independent decisions about General Education status or courses;

we rely on the student'

s General Education status as determined by the Registrar'

s Office. We strongly encourage you to read about how to meet General Education expectations, to understand your General Education Report in your portfolio, and to tell your advisor that you need to complete Stage I General Education by the end of your sophomore year;

the most common reason students cannot become Psychology majors is their failure to correctly complete Stage I. Are there different declaration rules for junior-year transfer students? Students who transfer to Wesleyan in their junior year may use courses taken at their previous institution, and may declare the major up until the end of the first week of the junior year, otherwise the rules are the same. All classes required for admission to the major must be completed by the start of the junior year. Potential transfer students are advised that if they cannot meet these major admission requirements, they should not come to Wesleyan planning to major in Psychology;

we are unable to make exceptions to these rules. Do I need to find an academic advisor before I declare the major? When the Psychology Department admits you to the major, we will assign you a major advisor;

you are not expected to find your own advisor. If you have, however, made special arrangements with a faculty member, please tell the administrative assistant who will verify with the faculty member your arrangement. You are encouraged to get to know other department faculty with whom you share interests through your classes and through visiting faculty in their posted office hours. Can Psychology courses be used towards General Education? Yes, they can be used for this purpose. Note, however, that only one course with the General Education designation of PSYC can be used towards Stage I. Statistics courses are in high demand so one should not --

5 -- count on using statistics towards the completion of Stage I. Can admission requirements be completed over the summer after sophomore year? In exceptional circumstances, you may complete the major admission requirements by taking needed courses at Wesleyan over the summer between the sophomore and junior year. However, you should absolutely not count on being able to do this as we do not offer summer courses with this purpose in mind and it might be that no relevant courses are offered. You must still declare the major in the spring of your sophomore year, though in some cases you will not be admitted until you successfully complete the summer course. Requirements for Completion of the Major Overview of Requirements Major requirements include completion of: (1)

10 full-credit courses that count towards the major requirements (9 of which must be taken graded), and (2) General Education Expectations stages I and II. (This description includes the already-completed requirements for admission to the major.) All courses must be completed by the end of the senior year. Major Requirements (10 full-credit courses) Introductory psychology (1 course). An introductory psychology course provides a broad overview of psychology. PSYC

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题