编辑: 元素吧里的召唤 2019-09-16
《外经贸应用文写作》 朱慧萍 主编 上海交通大学出版社,2009 年第一版 课后练习参考答案 Unit

1 I.

Improve the following sentences 改进下列句子 1. Do you like swimming and playing golf? 2. Please answer the telephone with a pleasant, courteous manner. 3. These foods are not only nutritious but also inexpensive. 4. Mrs. Lombardi resigned because she received a better job offer. 5. Your plan is as good as, if not better than, either of theirs. II. Change the disordered sentences to make a complete letter 连句成信 Dear Sir, Our firm sells shampoo. We are interested in investigating the possibility of national advertising. We would be very appreciative if you would provide us with your rates. Thank you for your prompt attention to our request. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely Huang Qiusheng Sales Manager III. C-E Translation 句子中译英 1. Would you please let us know if these items are still available? 2. I am writing to ask for information on the application of TianYu Scholarship. 3. We would be most grateful if you could tell us the capacity of the venue. 4. We wonder whether your equipment is available on a rental basis. 5. We would be grateful for an early reply. IV. E-C Translation 句子英译中

1 1. 我方从商会获悉贵方名号. 2. 我们希望能获得贵厂的产品宣传资料. 3. 我想询问贵公司目前有哪些岗位是空缺的. 4. 除了目录,我们还想要贵方产品的价目单. 5. 可否告之贵杂志的年度订阅费是多少? V. Complete the enquiry letter with given Chinese 根据所给中文填写询问函 Dear Mr. Liu Thank you for the brochure you mailed to us on June 10th (感谢贵校于

6 月10 日将简章 寄给我们). Would you please send us some additional information we need in deciding whether to send our executives to your university for the training? 1. At what background level is your program geared? 2. What courses are included in the program? And what is the schedule? 3. How is the accommodation at your university? (贵校食宿情况如何?) We would be grateful if you could reply at your earliest convenience.(尽早回复)We look forward to the possibility of cooperating with you. (我方期待与贵校合作的可能性) Sincerely yours, Teresa Wang VI. Write a letter of enquiry with given words and phrases 模拟套写询问函 Dear Sir Your ad for necklaces and bracelets arouse our attention. Would you please send us details of your various ranges, including colors, sizes and prices? As we are a large dealer in accessories in the UK and there is a promising market in our area for moderately priced accessories, your prompt attention might bring you a big business with us. Yours sincerely Andrea Higgins VII. Write a letter of enquiry with given instructions 按情景写询问函 Dear Mr. Zhang As I am coming to teach in your university next semester, I wish to have a better preparation for the new job. I'

d like to inquire about the following items:

2 1. What is the English level of the students that I am about to teach? 2. What specific courses am I supposed to teach? 3. What degree of proficiency should I have in mandarin? Thank you for your attention. Your earliest reply will be greatly appreciated. Sincerely yours Bosco Tan Unit

2 I. Improve the following sentences 改进下列句子 1. Neither of the women has brought her certificate. 2. It is they who saved the drowning girl. 3. It was him that I sent to collect the money. 4. He doesn'

t deny his breaking the agreement. 5. The team are now on the floor taking their practice shots at the basket. 6. They had each his own problem. 7. Everybody except he agreed to our proposal. 8. They caught him cheating on the exam. II. Change the disordered sentences to make a complete letter 连句成信 Dear Sir, This is to confirm your reservation at Rita Hotel for one night on March 1st , 2008. You have requested a single room with a king-size bed, the charge of which is $120 per night. We will hold the room for you until 12:00 am on March 1st . If you expect to arrive late, please notify us before February 28. We look forward to welcoming you to Rita Hotel. Yours sincerely John Smith Marketing manager III. C-E Translation 句子中译英 1. We are happy to announce that we have successfully merged with ZhenHe Company Ltd. 2. To mark this special occasion, customers will be offered with a special opening discount. 3. Before putting the plan into effect, I want to confirm the verbal agreement with

3 you first. 4. Upon receipt of your confirmation of our agreement, we shall arrange shipment of the aforementioned merchandise. 5. As our new letterhead indicates, we have recently changed the name of our company from Tina Fashion to Lilian Fashion. IV. E-C Translation 句子英译中 1. 从7月1日起,大厦内禁止吸烟. 2. 电话保持不变,邮件还是寄到以下地址. 3. 我们很高兴地通知您,董事会已任命李凌先生为我公司的董事长. 4. 今天上午我们的电话协商十分简短,进展迅速,我想总结一下协议. 5. 今致函确认我们之间达成的有关贵方从我公司购买

500 辆凤凰牌自行车的协议. V. Complete the following letter of confirmation with given Chinese 根据所给中文 填写以下确认函 Dear Sue, This is to confirm our discussion in my office yesterday (确认昨天在我办公室的谈话) in which we agreed upon your new responsibilities: 1. You are appointed the Systems Manager(你被任命为系统经理)at a salary of $3,000 per month, effective August l, 1, 2008. 2. You are authorized to hire two additional staff: a programmer and a systems analyst, at a combined salary not exceeding US$4,000 per month. 3. You may order office equipment for your new employees(你可以为你的新雇员订 购办公设备) and you should prepare the appropriate purchase orders for my signature. If the above points do not square with your understanding(如果上述几点和你的理解不 一致), let me know immediately. If not, I will assume that we are in complete agreement.(我将认为我们的理解是完全一致的) Sincerely yours Lee Shaw VI. Write a letter of information with given words and phrases 模拟套写通知函 Dear John, It is our great pleasure to inform you that you have been promoted to the challenging and demanding position of sales manager.

4 This promotion is in recognition of the fine work you have done for this firm. We are very confident that you will meet the new responsibilities which accompany the position of sales manager with the same level of enthusiasm and enterprise which you have exhibited since you came to work with our firm. Please accept our congratulations on your new promotion. Sincerely yours Jack White VII. Write a letter of information with given instructions 按情景写通知函 Dear Customer, This is to announce our 10% Special Discount Offer that we are making on all orders for the office appliances for the month of October only. This 10% discount is our way of saying thank you for being such a valued customer. We hope you will take advantage of this offer and send us your purchase order today. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely yours Li Dongdong Unit

3 I. Choose the appropriate verb form 选出合适的动词形式 1. is 2. is 3. has 4. is 5. were 6. has 7. has 8. have 9. is 10. is II. Put the following statements into the right order and make it a complete letter of invitation 将下列句子按顺序排列,组成一个完整的邀请函 Dear Mr. Smith We are planning a small dinner party in honor of Mr. Liao, President of this company. The dinner will be held at the Garden Hotel from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm on July 4, Friday. Dress will be informal business wear. We hope that you will be able to join us in this opportunity to meet the senior directors of our company. Will you please notify us before July

1 whether we can

5 expect you. Yours sincerely Cathy Wang III. C-E Translation 翻译:接受邀请 Dear Mr. and Mrs. Lei It is indeed very kind of you to invite us for such a delightful evening party. Of course we will be there on Friday, October

15 at seven o'

clock. It will also be our great honor to meet such a group of distinguished guests from the business circle. We hope that we can communicate with them there. Thank you for your kind invitation. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you on next Friday. Sincerely yours Mr. and Mrs. Wang Lin IV. E-C Translation 翻译:婉拒便宴邀请 亲爱的雷先生并夫人: 承蒙你们邀请出席八月二十日(星期四)的晚宴,但很遗憾我们那天晚上已有安排, 故无法应邀参加,真是感到难以言表的抱歉. ........

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题