编辑: 黑豆奇酷 2019-07-08
BBC Learning English C

15 Minute Programmes

15 分钟节目 About this script Please note that this is not a word for word transcript of the programme as broadcast.

In the recording and editing process, changes may have been made which may not be reflected here. 关于台词的备注: 请注意这不是广播节目的逐字稿件.本文稿可能没有体现录制、编辑过程中对 节目做出的改变. First-time Buyers 首次买房的人 Feifei: Hello and welcome to BBC Learning English. I'

m Feifei. Oliver: 大家好,我是 Oliver. 欢迎收听 BBC 英语教学节目. Feifei: In today'

s programme, we are going to look at first-time buyers in the UK. Oliver: 初次购买人? 菲菲这是什么意思呀?他们都是些什么样的人呢? Feifei: A first-time buyer is someone who is buying a property for the first time. Oliver: 哦,原来是这样.初次购买人在这儿指的是那些第一次进入市场购买房产的 人.Property 财产,不动产.在今天的节目里,我们就要和大家聊一聊这些 初次购房者. Feifei: Yes, nowadays more and more young people are choosing to buy a place whereas before they tended to rent. Getting onto the property ladder is a very popular thing to do. Oliver: What'

s the property ladder? Feifei: Well, in Britain, when you buy a property for the first time, it is usually a small flat, simply because you can'

t afford a bigger place. As you get older and have better jobs and higher pay, and perhaps have a family, then you buy a bigger house and sell your small one;

you can keep doing this till you retire, it'

s like climbing up a ladder. Oliver: 嗯,这个说法非常形象.在英国,人们很难负担得起大房子昂贵得房价,所以 第一次买的房子通常都是一些小型的公寓房.随着年龄得增长,找到理想的工 作、特别是随着收入的提高, 组建了家庭以后,人们通常都会卖掉原来的小公 寓房,转而购买更大一些的住宅.如果你愿意的话,你可以一直这样从小到大 的换下去,直到退休为止.而这个过程就像是在爬梯子. Feifei: Yes indeed. If houses are too expensive to buy, then how do people do this? Kate Hamilton has been renting for twelve years and she wants to take the plunge to buy. Insert I think that I might have to borrow to my absolute maximum, which might make it extremely difficult each month to meet the bills. It might mean that I have to take on extra work and it also might mean that I have to take a longer mortgage than

25 years. Feifei: Kate says she might have to borrow to her absolute maximum, which might make it extremely difficult for her to meet the bills. Oliver: Absolute maximum 绝对最大值 .Extremely difficult 相当的困难. Feifei: To meet the bills here means to pay the bills. She might even need to take on extra work and take a longer mortgage than twenty-five years. Oliver: Extra work 是指额外的工作;

mortgage 是抵押贷款.为此 Kate 不仅要做 一些额外的工作, 而且还得把还贷期限延长到二十五年以上.在这里我们要告 诉大家的是在英国,人们最普遍的还贷时间就是二十五年. Feifei: Kate is not the only one who'

s willing to take on extra work and have a longer mortgage. Here is Simon from BBC News. Insert According to today'

s research, first time buyers feel like it'

s now or never. Around 60% of them would consider borrowing five times their salary. Four out of five are willing to take on extra long term mortgages and nearly 40% would sign up for riskier interest-only mortgages C which rely on homes increasing in value to pay back the loan. Feifei: First-time buyers feel like it'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题