编辑: 紫甘兰 2019-07-05
Japan?Curriculum?Project?for?the?Psychology?Courses? I?found?the?workshop?titled?"Imagining?Japan:?Literature,?Arts?and?Religions"?to?be?highly?informative? and?valuable?for?both?my?professional?and?personal?growth.

??Dr.?Thomas?Kasulis's?presentation?on? Buddhist?and?Shinto?ideas?was?outstanding?and?provided?me?with?a?historical?framework?to?understand? Japanese?naturalism?and?nationalism?in?a?more?meaningful?way.??Dr.?Noriko?Aso's??presentation?on? engaging?modes?of?education?was?particularly?relevant?to?my?discipline,?developmental?psychology.??? Current?conceptualization?of?childhood,??role?of?body?movement,??and?children's?program?on?moral? development?were?relevant?to?the?topics?I?cover?in?the?course.??I?intend?to?incorporate?material?and? ideas?provided?by?the?various?speakers?into?my?Developmental?Psychology:?Childhood?course?to?provide? my?students?with?an?alternative?approach?to?child?development.??I?would?like?to?thank?all?the?organizers? for?organizing?such?a?great?workshop?on?Japan.?? Buddhism?and?Japanese?culture?will?be?introduced?in?General?Psychology,?Psych? 1100?Course?in?the?following?manner:? One?general?psychology?learning?outcome?is?understanding?personality?development.??Four?perspectives? on?personality?development?are?discussed?in?the?course:?psychodynamic,?humanistic,?behavioral,?and? trait?approach.?At?the?core?of?Humanistic?paradigm?are?the?concept?of?self,?the?real?self?and?congruence? between?the?two?that?facilitates?healthy?development.???An?independent?self?is?emphasized?for?optimal? development.?Buddhist?theory?of?self?will?be?introduced?to?differentiate?between?independent?self,? interdependent?self?and?Buddhist?self?of?No\I.??The?five?'heaps'?that?make?up?the?Buddhist?self?will?be? introduced:?matter?form,?sensation,?perception,?Samskara?(habitual?mental?tendencies),?and? consciousness.?The?mind\body?relationship?will?be?revisited?in?understanding?personality?development.??? The?Buddhist?perspective?will?provide?students?with?the?opportunity?to?learn?about?the?Japanese?culture? and?its?preferred?patterns?for?relating?to?people?and?things.?Thomas?Kasulis's?presentation?on?two?kinds? of?relating?will?also?be?pertinent?here:?integrity?versus?intimacy?C?arguing?that?latter?plays?particularly? important?role?in?Japanese?culture?and?society.?Students?will?be?introduced?to?two?kinds?of?knowing:?? esoteric?knowing?(intimate,?engaged?knowing)?and?exoteric?knowing.??Esoteric?knowing?that?emphasizes? understanding?how?and?not?what?and?its?three?karma?C?thought,?work,?and?deed?C?will?be?discussed? here.??Forms?of?movement?(deeds)?are?very?important?in?Buddhism?and?are?inherent?in?Japanese?art?like? martial?art,?theatre?and?craftsmanship.?Basically,?role?of?Buddhism?as?a?philosophy?in?shaping?Japanese? culture?will?be?introduced.?? "Children?of?Japan:?Socialization?through?media"\?a?section?will?be?included?in? the?Psychology?2230:?Developmental?Psychology:?Childhood?Course:? Part?of?Noriko?Aso's?lecture?on?education?is?particularly?relevant?to?my?Development?Psychology?:? Childhood?class.?I?plan?to?add?a?section?titled?"Children?of?Japan:?Socialization?through?media".??The? emphasis?on?children?as?the?future?of?the?nation,?the?whole?child?development?(cognitive,?physical,?as? well?as?socio?emotional),?and?engaging?mode?of?education?will?be?incorporated?under?the?section?of? socio\emotional?development.??Pointing?the?similarities?between?Japan's?emphases?on?esoteric?knowing? that?is?learning?by?doing?and?Piaget's?active?learning?(construction?of?knowledge)?model?of?cognitive? development?will?be?insightful.?In?Japan,?socialization?through?modeling?is?practiced?at?the?national?level.?? Television?programs?teaching?moral?lessons?are?broadcasted?in?Japan?that?targets?preschoolers.?? Classical?poems?on?various?topics?of?gender?equality?and?moral?issues?were?used?in?these?programs? where?the?children?and?adult?models?would?recite?as?they?engaged?in?various?body?movement?including? martial?arts.??The?characters?will?oscillate?between?black?and?white,?adult?and?child,?truth?and?false? portraying?life?lessons,?hence?planting?the?seeds?for?later?spiritual?development.??? As?resources?for?the?two?above?mentioned?courses?the?followings?will?be?added?to?COD?library:? 1. Kasulis,?Thomas.?Japanese?Philosophy:?A?Sourcebook,?University?of?Hawaii?Press,?2011? 2. Noriko?Aso?provided?teaching?resources?on?Childhood?Studies?(selected?ones)?will?be?used.? ? Naheed?Hasan? Professor?of?Psychology? College?of?DuPage,?Glen?Ellyn,?IL?60137? ?

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题