编辑: 阿拉蕾 2019-07-04
T A I P E I T I M E S ? M O N D A Y , M A Y

1 0 ,

2 0

1 0 B I L I N G U A L T I M E S 双语新闻

15 'Vampire' attackers drink New Zealand man's blood 「吸血鬼式」攻击 纽西兰男子遭殃 T he authorities in New Zealand have charged three peo- ple for allegedly biting a man and drinking his blood in a "vampire" attack, a report said Thursday.

James Brooks, 22, and Xenia Borichevsky, 19, appeared in court Wednesday and a warrant was issued for the arrest of the third accused, James Orr, 19, following the incident in Wellington in February, the Dominion Post newspaper reported. Brooks told the newspaper that all three bit the victim, but he did not personally drink any blood, although he added he understood some blood had been drunk. "That wasn't me. Do I look like a vampire? I'm out during the day time," the newspaper quoted him as saying outside the court. Brooks said he, his girlfriend, a friend and the unnamed victim had left a party when the attack happened. Brooks said he had bitten the victim, who had tried to pick up his girlfriend. "Yeah, I bit a guy... he hit on my missus. My girlfriend and my mate were biting him. I was angry with him, so I used it as an excuse," he told the Dominion Post. The victim apparently passed out after the attack. The three accused are due to reappear in court next month charged with wounding with intent to render a man unconscious. (afp) 上 周四有报导指出,纽西兰当局起诉三名疑似对一名男子进行 「吸血鬼式」攻击的人士,他们用嘴咬伤他后喝他的血. 《自治领邮报》报导,此案二月份发生於首都威灵顿.二十二 岁的詹姆斯?布鲁克斯和十九岁的仙妮亚?玻利契夫斯基上周三出 庭应讯,另一名在逃的十九岁嫌犯詹姆斯?奥尔则遭当局通缉. 布鲁克斯向《自治领邮报》表示,三个人都咬了受害人,虽然 有人喝了血,但他个人并没有. 《自治领邮报》引述布鲁克斯於法庭外的说词表示:「我没吸 血.我看起来像吸血鬼吗?我白天会外出.」 布鲁克斯说攻击事件发生时,他和女友及一名友人与不知姓名 的被害者刚好离开某个派对. 布鲁克斯说,被害人企图追求他女友,他才咬他. 他跟《自治领邮报》表示:「是的,我确实咬了人…他想钓我 女友.我女友跟同伴就咬他.我很气他,所以也咬了他.」 被害人遭攻击后显然昏了过去. 三位嫌犯被控蓄意伤害使人昏迷,下个月将再度出庭. (法新社/翻译:吴岱Z) Actor Larry Hagman, left, attends the premiere of the musical Tanzder Vampire (Dance of the Vampires) in Stuttgart, Germany, on Feb. 25, 2010. Photo: EPA 二月二十五日,影星赖瑞?哈格曼(左)出席音乐剧「天师捉妖」於德国斯图加特 的首演. 照片:欧新社 TODAY'S WORDS 今日单字 1. warrant /?w?r?nt/ n. 授权令 (shou4 quan2 ling4) 例: The police have obtained a warrant to search the property. (警方取得进屋搜索的授权令.) 2. render /?r?nd?/ v. 使变得 (shi3 bian4 de2) 例: The company software will be rendered obsolete within a couple of years. (公司的软体几年内就要淘汰了.) LANGUAGE POINT 今日单字 hit on someone 勾引 You hit on someone if you flirt with them or make at a pass at them. Ac- cording to the article, the victim of the attack hit on the girlfriend of one of the attackers. 如果说你「hit on someone」,就代表你跟某人调情,或是追求某人.上文中提 到,攻击事件的受害者正在勾引某位加害者的女友.

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题