编辑: 霜天盈月祭 2019-03-16
0 B.

A. (HONOURS) ENGLISH (Three Year Full Time Programme) COURSE CONTENTS (Effective from the Academic Year 2011-2012 onwards) DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH UNIVERSITY OF DELHI DELHI -

110007 1 Course: B.A. (Hons.) English Semester I Paper 1: English Literature 4(i) Paper 2: Twentieth Century Indian Writing(i) Paper 3: Concurrent C Qualifying Language Semester II Paper 4: English Literature 4(ii) Paper 5: Twentieth Century Indian Writing(ii) Paper 6: English Literature 1(i) Paper 7: Concurrent C Credit Language Semester III Paper 8: English Literature 1(ii) Paper 9: English Literature 2(i) Paper 10: Option A: Nineteenth Century European Realism(i) Option B: Classical Literature (i) Option C: Forms of Popular Fiction (i) Paper 11: Concurrent C Interdisciplinary Semester IV Paper 12: English Literature 2(ii) Paper 13: English Literature 3(i) Paper 14: Option A: Nineteenth Century European Realism(ii) Option B: Classical Literature (ii) Option C: Forms of Popular Fiction (ii) Paper 15: Concurrent C Discipline Centered I Semester V Paper 16: English Literature 3(ii) Paper 17: English Literature 5(i) Paper 18: Contemporary Literature(i) Paper 19: Option A: Anglo-American Writing from 1930(i) Option B: Literary Theory (i) Option C: Women'

s Writing of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (i) Option D: Modern European Drama (i) Semester VI Paper 20: English Literature 5(ii) Paper 21: Contemporary Literature(ii) Paper 22: Option A: Anglo-American Writing from 1930(ii) Option B: Literary Theory (ii) Option C: Women'

s Writing of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (ii) Option D: Modern European Drama (ii) Paper 23: Concurrent C Discipline Centered II

2 SEMESTER BASED UNDER-GRADUATE HONOURS COURSES Distribution of Marks &

Teaching Hours The Semester-wise distribution of papers for the B.A. (Honours), B.Com. (Honours), B. Com., B.Sc. (Honours) Statistics and B.Sc. (Honours) Computer Science will be as follows: Type of Paper Max. Marks Theory Exam. I.A. Teaching per week Main Papers

100 75

25 5 Lectures

1 Tutorial Concurrent Courses

100 75

25 4 Lectures

1 Tutorial Credit Courses for B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics

100 75

25 4 Lectures

1 Tutorial ? Size of the Tutorial Group will be in accordance with the existing norms. ? The existing syllabi of all Concurrent/Credit Courses shall remain unchanged. ? The existing criteria for opting for the Concurrent /Credit Courses shall also remain unchanged.

3 Main Discipline Course: English Detailed Courses of Reading SEMESTER - I Paper 1: English Literature

4 (i) Unit-1 Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice Unit-2 Charles Dickens Hard Times Unit-3 Background Prose Readings and Topics Readings: a. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, Selections from A Reader in Marxist Philosophy ed. Sels and Martel (New York. I 963). Pp. 186-8, I 90-1, 199- 201. b. Charles Darwin, Selections from The Descent of Man (in the Norton Anthology of English Literature, 3rd edn., vol. 2) pp. 1647-52. c. John Stuart Mill, Selections from The Subjection of Women (in the Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol. 2) pp. 1647-52. d. Matthew Arnold, Selections from Culture and Anarchy (in the Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol. 2) pp. 1403-12. e. Topics: The Novel Form in Nineteenth-Century England;

Faith and Doubt;

The Writer and Society;

Fiction and its Readers.

4 Paper 2: Twentieth Century Indian Writing (i) Unit-1 Rabindranath Tagore The Home and the World tr. Surendranath Tagore Unit-2 Premchand, '

The Holy Panchayat'

R.K. Narayan '

The '

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题