编辑: 飞翔的荷兰人 2018-04-27
2018 春季大学英语六级考试全仿真试卷 听力录音文本 ????????????????????????????????????????? ?? ????????????????????????????????????????? ?? Part Ⅱ Listening Comprehension (30 minutes) Section A Conversation One M: There is one more section I?d like to spend a few moments reviewing before we close our books for the day.

Who here remembers the film we watched last month on hazardous wastes? W: You mean the one about computer and television monitors? M: Yes, that?s the one, Lisa. (1) In the film they discussed why some States are making it illegal to dump monitors into regular landfills. Can an- yone remember the reason? Yes, Lisa? W: Um?(2)it?s because of the cathode ray tubes, also known as CRT?s, inside them. These tubes are high in lead content, and the lead can leak into the ground water. Right? M: Excellent. It?s nice to know that some of you were listening even though it wasn?t the most up- beat documentary. Now, does anyone remember the reason why manufacturers place lead in the CRT?s of computer and TV monitors in the first place? W: The tubes are infused with lead in order to shield the viewer from harmful X-rays. There is no known alternative at this time, but I think the film said that researchers are working on it. M: Yes, that?s true. And why wasn?t this a problem twenty years ago? Why is it suddenly a major concern? W: ( 3) That?s simple. It?s because nearly every household in the U. S. has a television, and many have three or four. My family is guilty of this, I admit. And, not only are that?people throwing out their TV and computer monitors in order to keep up with the new technology. You know, like the flat screen LCD monitors. With the digital age upon us, this is going to pose even more of a problem. I have to admit, I got a new plasma TV a few months ago, and there was nothing wrong with my old TV. M: Well, I?m sure you?re not the only one, Lisa. Now, since you?re on a roll?why can?t these old monitors just be recycled? W: (4)Well, unlike paper and plastics, there just aren?t any services that provide this type of recy- cling. According to the film, a lot of companies that recognize the threat are storing their unused equipment in warehouses until some better solu- tions become available. M: Yes, and this brings us to our next film. Lisa, would you mind dimming the lights? This film is titled Landfill Solutions. It deals with a number of products that can be recycled through innova- tive means. Questions

1 to

4 are based on the conversation you have just heard. 1. What is the main topic of the discussion? 2. What makes monitors hazardous to the environ- ment? 3. What does Lisa mean when she says her family is guilty of that? 4. According to Lisa, why can?t monitors be recy- cled? Conversation Two M: Hello, this is Land Transport Information at To- ronto Airport. How may I help you? W: Oh, good morning. Um, I?m flying to Toronto ・

1 ・ Airport next week, and I need to get to a town called um, Milton. Could you tell me how I can get there? M: Milton, did you say? Let me see. (5) I think that?s about

150 miles south-west of here. In fact it?s

147 miles to be exact, so it?ll take you at least―say, three to four hours by road. W: Wow! Is it as far as that? M: Yes, I?m afraid so. But you have a number of options to get you there and you can always rent a car right here at the airport, of course. W: Right. ( 6) Well, I don?t really want to drive myself, so I?d like more information about pub- lic transport. M: OK. In that case the quickest and most comfort- able is a cab and of course there are always plenty available. But it?ll cost you. You can also take a Greyhound bus or there?s an Airport Shut- tle Service to Milton. W: Hmmm, I think for that kind of distance a cab would be way beyond my budget. But the bus sounds OK. Can you tell me how much that would cost? M: Sure. Let?s see, that would be $

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题