编辑: 牛牛小龙人 2019-07-04

s three-character criteria of translation as: 信 ― being faithful 达 ― being explicit 雅 ― elegant in words Which is different from Yan'

s own definition: 信 ― 达旨(将原文说明) 达 ― 前后引衬,以显其意 雅 ― 尔雅(用汉以前字法,句法) IV. Methods of Translation 翻译的方法 In translation from English into Chinese, the principal methods used are: 1. Literal translation (metaphase) 2. Literal translation (paraphrase) 3. Transliteration (translation according to pronunciation) The last one, however, is scarcely used unless it is absolutely necessary. Transliteration is mainly used in translating proper nouns, such as names of persons, places, scientific terms and etc. Whether a translation will be faithful to be the original in all the aspects depends on the possibility of finding the closest, the most natural equivalence(为原文在文体上找到最切近、最自然的对等语)depends on to a great extent a good command of the transformation of the key sentence and the choice of surface structure by a translator (在很大程度上取决于译者能否准确地掌握核心句的转化以及对表层形式的选择). heartbreaking 令人心碎的 eye-popping 使人膛目的 a belt-tightening 勒紧裤带的政策 a wait-and-see attitude 等着瞧的态度 crack the case 破案 thirst to learn 渴望学习 令人心碎的 使人膛目的 勒紧裤带的政策 等着瞧的态度 破案 渴望学习 These examples are comparatively ideal sentence with great affinity, which can be translated by way of metaphase. eat (swallow) the leek lie on one'

s back kiss-me (吃芹菜)→ 忍受耻辱 (躺在背上)→ 仰卧 (吻我)(野生)→ 三色紫罗兰 kiss-me-quick see with half an eye have a cigar forget-me-not (快来吻我吧)→ 额发 (睁一只眼,闭一只眼)→ 一望便知 (请抽烟!)→ 你好! (不要忘记我)→ 勿忘我 V. PRACTICE: 1. He bent solely upon profit. A. Surface:他只屈身于利润之前. B. Shallow:只有利润才使他低头. C. Deep:他惟利是图. 2. We are here today and gone tomorrow. A. Surface:我今天在这里,明天就到别处了. B. Shallow:今日在世,明日辞世(死去). C. Deep:人生朝露. 3. John is tall like I am the queen of Sheba. A. Surface:约翰高得像是示巴皇后. B. Shallow:约翰高的话,我就是示巴皇后. C. Deep:要说约翰个头高,没那回事. Translation C, however, not only breakes the crust of the original, but gains an insight into the deep structure through the surface structure. That'

s to say when essence(内容)is in contradiction with form(形式)in translation and to harmonize the two, essence should be stressed.(在神与形矛盾而又无法同一时,应重神似,有时不得不牺牲形式) 4. Their accent couldn'

t fool a native speaker. 当地人一听口音,就知道他们是外地人. 5. Truth lies at the bottom of the decanter(酒瓶). 酒后露真言. 6. Darkness released him from his last restraints. 一到天黑,他就原形毕露. 7. How much did you suffer? Plenty, the old man said. ―The Old Man and Sea 你吃了多少苦头? 一言难尽. 老头说. ―《老人与海》 8. How many winter days have I seen him, standing blue-nosed in the snow and east wind! 在许多个冬日我都看见他,鼻子冻得发紫,站在飞雪和寒风中. 9. The thought that Huck might have failed was intolerable, agonizing. 一想到哈克可能失败了,(我们)就难以忍受,痛苦不堪. VI. The process of Translation 翻译的步骤 A formal translation must be completed through five steps: 1. Preparation 2. analysis &

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题