编辑: 元素吧里的召唤 2019-07-03
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C和D四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项.

Our teachers tried teaching us about death during nursing training. As a student nurse, I knew I would see death in my __41__. I had no idea of the __42__ it would have on me, __43__. The first person I saw die was an elderly man, John, who had been __44__ for weeks. His heart was __45__ and the health-care team was keeping him comfortable and __46__ his symptoms. He had stopped speaking days before but was still awake at times, and his __47__ when we spoke to him was beautiful. When I came on to the __48__ one morning, the night staff said he had deteriorated (恶化) overnight and had __49__ left to leave. A trained nurse and I gave him a bed bath, shaved him and changed his sheets. For the next six hours I __50__ his hand and talked to him. The doctor came in regularly and asked if he needed more pain relief but he seemed __51__ most of the time. He only __52__ opened his eyes to smile at me. Early in the afternoon the nurse came back in and we washed his face and __53__ his hair. As she was just about to leave the room, she stroked his hair and said:"Oh John, just __54__." Minutes later, he did. It has been

20 years since John's death. I have seen __55__ deaths in my time nursing. I have seen staff go far beyond the __56__ of their jobs to __57__ that a patient has as good a death as possible. I remember some of the other faces, but none is quite as __58__ as John's. He, and the professionals who were __59__ him, taught me that it __60__ how we treat those who are dying. 41. A. life B. career C. mind D. family 42. A. impact B. difference C. reflection D. affection 43. A. instead B. regardless C. therefore D. however 44. A. insisting B. challenging C. struggling D. recovering 45. A. striking B. failing C. beating D. aging 46. A. comforting B. decreasing C. disappearing D. relieving 47. A. face B. eyes C. smile D. expression 48. A. ward B. classroom C. hospital D. department 49. A. days B. hours C. minutes D. seconds 50. A. held B. reached C. hugged D. touched 51. A. silent B. painful C. peaceful D. anxious 52. A. frequently B. occasionally C. hardly D. easily 53. A. combed B. tied C. washed D. smelt 54. A. come on B. pass away C. let go D. go away 55. A. priceless B. constant C. considerate D. countless 56. A. qualifications B. ability C. expectations D. exception 57. A. pretend B. assume C. believe D. ensure 58. A. beautiful B. vivid C. pale D. scary 59. A. caring for B. looking for C. bringing up D. cheering up 60. A. trains B. works C. influences D. matters 41-45 B A D C B 46-60 D C A B A C B A C D C D B A D

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题