judgment;

judges 4) legal;

illegally 5) ashamed;

shameful 6) comprehended;

comprehension;

comprehensive 7) automatically;

automatic IV 重点词汇 (旨在提供综合运用所需材料) 1. abuse n.&

v.滥用;

虐待 [典例] 1) We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us 我们滥用土地,因为我们把它当作属于自己的商品. 2) He greeted me with a stream of abuse, which made me feel sad. 他迎面对我一顿痛骂,这使我很难过. [重点用法] drug abuse滥用药品 child abuse虐待儿童 [练习] 汉译英 1) 滥用能源会给我们的子孙后代带来可怕的未来. 2) 根据最新的法律,家长也不允许在家中虐待儿童. Keys: 1) The abuse of energy will bring our offspring a terrible future. 2) According to the new law, parents are also not allowed to abuse their children in the family. 2. ban n.&

v.禁止;

取缔;

禁令 [重点用法] ban…from sth./doing sth.禁止做某事 a ban on关于……的禁令 [典例] 1) From last June, there is a ban on offering plastic bags for free in supermarket. 从去年六月份开始禁止超市无偿提供塑料袋. 2) People are banned from smoking in many public places in England.在英国许多公共场所禁止吸烟. [练习] 汉译英 1) 这儿的学生不允许带手机回校. 2) 禁止摩托车在我们这个城市引起很大的争论. Keys: 1) The students here are banned from bring cell phones back to school. 2) A ban on motorcycle caused great dispute in our city. 3. due adj. 应付的,到期的,预期的 [典例] 1) Their plane is due in

15 minutes. 他们的飞机预定在15分钟后到达 2) The electricity bill is due today . 今天该交电费了. 3) A great deal of money is due to you 这些钱应该付给你. [重点用法] due to因为……;

归因于,归功于 be due to do sth.定于某时做某事 [练习] 汉译英 1) 由于这次全球性的金融危机,他被解雇了. 2) 这次峰会将在一个非洲国家举行. Keys: 1) He was fired due to the global financial crisis. 2) The summit is due to be held in an Africa country. 4. addicted adj.成习惯而离不开… [重点用法] be addicted to sth/doing sth沉溺于……;

专心做…… addict oneself to sth沉溺于…… [典例] 1)

50 million Americans are thought to be addicted to nicotine.据说有五百万美国人有烟瘾. 2) Many kids have now become addicted to surfing the Net.很多孩子现在沉迷于上网 3) He is an addicted traveler.他是个旅行迷. [练习] 汉译英 1) 辍学后,他沉溺于烟酒中. 2) 不要再让自己陷入这样愚蠢的事情. Keys: 1) After leaving school, he was addicted to cigarette and alcohol. 2) Don'

t addict yourself to such foolish things any longer. accustomed adj. 通常的 [重点用法] be(become/grow/get accustomed)to(doing)sth.习惯于(与get used to sth./doing sth.同义) accustom oneself to sh./doing sth.使自己习惯于…..;

养成…….的习惯 [典例] 1) We were accustomed to working together.我们习惯了一起工作. 2) Having moved to the northeast of China, I had to accustom myself to the dry weather. 搬到东北后,我不得不使自己适应干燥的气候. [练习] 用accustom恰当形式填空 1) She was a person_having eight hours'

sleep a night. 2) He took his_______ seat by the fire. 3) I'

m not______ to getting up so early. Keys: 1)accustomed to 2) accustomed 3)accustomed 汉译英 1)她的眼睛慢慢适应了黑暗. 2)短裤放在惯常的地方. Keys: 1) Her eyes quickly became accustomed to the dark.2) The pans were in their accustomed places. 6. quit (quit/quitted) vt.停止(作某事);

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题