编辑: lqwzrs 2019-08-28
College student'

s father deems higher education worthless 导读:成都女孩玲玲考上大学,父亲虽然有钱供她读书,却以 上大学无用 为由拒绝提供学费和生活费,这则新闻引发社会各界对于 上大学值不值? 的广泛争论.

Ling Ling (not her real name) is worried as Sept 7, the last day for her to enroll in a university in Chengdu, Sichuan province, as a first-year student, approaches. My dad doesn`t want to pay for my university education as he believes the investment in higher education can`t be recouped, the 19-year-old told Chengdu Economic Daily. Ling was born in a small village in northern Sichuan. All her relatives are farmers. Upon completion of their primary school education, her parents started a small business. Five years ago, they moved to Chengdu, the provincial capital of Sichuan, with Ling and her younger brother. They have purchased an apartment and a small shop there. My family isn`t short of money. My father doesn`t want me to pursue university education because he thinks it not worthwhile going to university, Ling said. Her father estimates it will cost a total of 80,000 yuan in tuition fees and living expenses to finish a four-year university education. If his daughter works for four years instead, she can earn at least 80,000 yuan in four years. With that money, she can start a small business. In my neighborhood, at least

10 university graduates cannot find jobs and stay at home, her father told Chengdu Economic Daily. He said as a primary school graduate, he earned more than many university graduates with his small business. He said his view that attending a university is not worthwhile is not groundless, citing that nearly

7 million students graduated from institutions of higher learning nationwide this year and their employment situation is grim. To persuade her father to support her higher education financially, Ling has pestered him every day for a month. But her efforts have been in vain. After her story spread online at a local news portal, a survey was launched on the website to solicitnetizens` opinions. More than 10,000 netizens replied and

71 percent supported her father`s view. About

50 percent thought society was a good university and about

20 percent thought a person could improve himself or herself anywhere. Despite strong opposition from survey respondents,

55 readers of Chengdu Economic Daily said higher education could broaden one`s horizons. They want to help Ling financially since she cannot borrow money from her relatives who share her father`s view. 玲玲(化名)考上了四川成都某大学,而随着9月7日,即该校新生报到最后日期的临近,她变得愁眉不展. 这位19岁的女孩在接受《成都商报》采访时表示: 我爸爸不想供我上大学,因为他认为上大学是笔血本无归的投资. 这位19岁的女孩在接受《成都商报》采访时表示: 我爸爸不想供我上大学,因为他认为上大学是笔血本无归的投资. 玲玲生于四川北部的一个小村庄.她的亲戚都是农民.小学毕业后,她的父母便开始做起了小生意. 五年前,玲玲和弟弟同家人一起搬到了四川省会成都.他们在当地买了房并兑下一家小店.玲玲说: 我家里并不缺钱.我爸不想让我上大学,因为他觉得上大学没用. 玲玲的父亲心里有笔 经济账 :大学四年的学费加生活费需要8万元.而如果她女儿利用这段时间来打工的话,四年至少可以赚8万元.用这笔钱,她可以做点小生意. 这位父亲对《成都商报》的记者说: 我的街坊四邻里,至少有10个大学毕业生待业在家. 他说,自己虽然只有小学文凭,但凭借小本生意赚得比许多大学生要多.他认为自己的 大学无用论 并非毫无根据,并指出今年全国高校毕业生人数逼近700万人,就业形势十分严峻. 为了说服父亲资助自己上大学,玲玲同他展开了长达一个月的 拉锯战 ,却毫无成效. 成都当地一家新闻门户网站对玲玲的遭遇作了报道,她的故事很快在网上传播开来.该网站同时发起了一项网络民意调查. 该调查共有1万多名网友参与,71%的人支持玲玲父亲的看法.约半数人认为社会就是一所好大学,而约20%的人认为无论在哪,我们都能够获得自我提升. 尽管在参与调查者中,赞同 大学无用 的呼声很高,但《成都商报》的55位读者表示大学能够开阔一个人的视野.玲玲曾试着向亲戚借钱,却因为他们都站在父亲那一边而求助无果,因此,来自《成都商报》的这55位热心读者们愿意资助她上学. Educated women seeking the elusive Mr Right 中国剩女: 在传统与变革中艰难寻爱 导读:在情人们庆祝七夕时,数百万大龄单身女性――又称 剩女 ――却因为僵硬的传统观念而孤身独处. Xu Jiajie has gone on countless blind dates and to numerous match-making events over the past five years in search of a husband. 在过去5年中,许佳洁(音译)为找到好一位丈夫参加了无数次相亲和婚恋活动. At 31, the baby-faced office worker from Shanghai is under enormous pressure from family and friends to get married. But the right man is hard to find, she says, a big issue for urban, educated and well-paid Chinese women in a society where the husband`s social status is traditionally above the wife`s. 这位来自上海的上班族虽然已经31岁,却还是一张娃娃脸.谈到结婚问题,她表示正处于亲友的巨大压力之下.但许小姐说,传统的中国家庭中,丈夫的社会地位要高于妻子.对于高教育程度、高收入的城市女性来说,找到合适的男人实在太难了. My parents have introduced every bachelor they know, said Xu, who earns double the average wage in Shanghai. Half of the bachelors I met are quiet and never go out. Outgoing men don`t need blind dates. 许小姐的工资是上海市民平均收入的两倍,她说: 我的父母把他们认识的单身男子全都介绍给我,但在我见过面的单身汉中,有一半人十分内向,很少出门.常出门聚会的人不需要相亲. As couples celebrate the Qixi festival on Tuesday, the Chinese equivalent of Valentine`s Day, Xu and millions of women like her face stark choices as long-held ideas about matrimonial hierarchy run up against economic and social changes sweeping the world`s most populous country. 当一对对恋人周二欢度中国 七夕 情人节时,数以百万计的女性却和许小姐一样面临着艰难抉择.在这个全球人口最多的国家中,长久沿袭的婚姻等级制度正遭遇到席卷全国的经济社会剧变. The term shengnu - directly translated as leftover women - was coined to refer to professional women who have not married by their late 20s. 社会上还流传着 剩女 一词,指的是那些将近30岁还没结婚的职业女性. Chinese people often think males should be higher in a relationship in every sense, including height, age, education and salary, Ni Lin, who hosts a popular match-making television show in Shanghai, told Reuters. 上海电视台著名相亲节目主持人倪琳告诉路透社记者: 中国人总认为在婚姻关系中,男性处处都要高女性一筹,包括身高、年龄、教育水平和工资收入. This leads to a phenomenon in which A-grade men marry B-grade women, B-grade men marry C-grade women and C-grade men marry D-grade women. Only A-grade women and D-grade men can`t find partners. 这导致一等男人娶二等女人,二等男人娶三等女人,三等男人娶四等女人,只有一等女人和四等男人没人要. In Beijing, more than a third of women in their late 20s and 30s are looking for husbands, according to the dating website Jiayuan.com. Media reports say there may........

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题